What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuttering using Atomic Browser

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Jimbo - I have that browser on my iPad 2 and have not noticed that behaviour w/ a LOT of pages open - I'm assuming that you have a decent Wi-Fi connection?

Try a few simple steps: 1) 'Force Close' the app, i.e. double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing) to open the multitask bar at the bottom; find the Atomic browser icon; press & hold until all begin to jiggle; press the minus sign on the icon; return to the home screen and try again; and 2) If the first step has no effect, then 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the maneuvers.

Good luck and please post back your results - might help others - :)

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I forced closed just about everything and I did a quick scroll of this forum and using the Safari browser is definitely smoother than the Atomic browser. The difference isn't much but when you roll the page down with Safari it just continues to move with no hesitation but with Atomic there is a slight hesitation. I tried on wifi and 4g with no difference. The wifi has a 2 download and the 4g( Seattle) has a 25 download. Safari is just smoother but I do like the tab arrangement with Atomic

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, did you also try my 'Step 2' suggestion, i.e. Restart/Reset the iPad? If not then give those suggestions a try - no harm will happen but may or may not be successful?

A final option is to delete the browser and re-install - let us know your results & good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts