What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid iTunes keeps putting my ipad crap on my iphone and my iphone crap on my ipad

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad and an iphone4. Every time i connect the damned things, they suck up all the apps i installed on the devices, then spew them onto the other device as soon as i plug it in. This is quite annoying. How can i make it stop happening?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at the bottom of app list, un-check automatically sync new apps

apple-itunes-sync-apps.png

OP
N

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the sync apps checkbox unchecked. I manage my files manually, no syncing, because i use my netbook, work laptop, and home desktop to manage my ipad/iphone. Yet it still pushes stuff on there, and i have no idea why.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Goto settings - store on each device and make sure automatically download new apps is not selected.

OP
N

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unchecked across the board. I had everything like this disabled for this reason. Obviously HD apps on my iphone and vice versa do me no good. I don't know what it's doing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It should have only loaded compatible apps to each device. Hold in mind that some apps (labeled HD or not) are actually universal and will work well on all devices. And of course almost all iPhone and iPod apps are compatible with the iPad, even if they only run in emulation mode.

Not everyone wants every feature, yet every feature needs a default; that choice inevitable annoys someone. :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iDevices have their auto download settings disabled, but apps randomly load every so often. I have no idea why. I delete them from the devices, but it's annoying.

Happened last week on my iPhone 4; I did an update of existing apps via wifi and later saw that a few National Geographic apps had loaded as well. I had loaded those onto my iPad maybe three weeks ago, and it wasn't the first time I'd updated my iPhone since, so I don't know why they randomly appeared during that update. Goofy.

Most reactions

Latest posts