STUNNING NEWS: Tethering with Android -ain't going to happen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by 4phun, Aug 11, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I rooted my droid and tether with it, I didn't even know there was a market app to root.

2. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If anyone thinks that tethering to a android device without paying extra fees is not going to happen they are sadly mistaken. I am currently on T-Mobile (I have a G1 android phone) and I have it rooted and use Wifi tether (one click and my ipad is connected.

Rooting the phone is just going to get easier. Look at the new "one click" root methods out there popping up. One thing T-Mobile is going to do (in my opinion) is get rid of the unlimited plan for smartphone for new customers (no more unlimited and then they throttle you). Of course that's one reason why I stayed on T-Mobile as you get more bang for your buck and have some of the cheapest data plans around.

If they get highter pricing like Verizon and AT&T, well then there is not reason for me to stay on that ship.

3. KronicKaos

KronicKaos
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    :rolleyes:

over exaggeration much? LOL, doing time for rooting your Droid and tethering with it. If that were the case, there'd be a lot of iPhone users locked up right now.

4. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    A joke of a statement better describes that ridiculous BS.

5. LGgeek

LGgeek
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

what kind of stupid crap is this, you have to be charged with a crime ( they have to show you actually did something) then you get a court date and only if you don't show for the court date would there be a warrant out for you.

This is just carrier FUD.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That is only applying to OFFICIAL tethering and it is ONLY the Droid 1, the original Motorola Droid, that is getting cut off from tethering officially. As said by others, you can still root and tether all day long. As far as official tethering through Verizon, if you choose to pay for it, the Incredible, Droid X and Droid 2 all have tethering and WiFi Hotspots available as a part of the phone.

7. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    He always posts unsubstantiated BS like this.

8. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Been rooting Android phones for years.

Tethering just uses your phones current data plan, that's all.

Obviously there will be more data usage, but if your under your limits then what's the problem?

If anything, going over is a good thing for the carriers so they can charge more. That's all that's happened to me once before. Got charged extra per MB, which is in my T&Cs.

Has the thread creator even owned an Android phone before, let alone rooted one? This Easy Root nonsense has to make up less 3% of people who root. Most do it through the usual channels, and it's not even a crime.