1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

studying with ipad, highlighting and notes

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by stillestund, Mar 3, 2011.

1. stillestund

stillestund iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello!
    I searched the internet and the forums for an answer for this question, I hope someone in here can help me.
    I'm considering buying an ipad, but need to know a few things just to get the last push:)
    I want to use it at university since a lot of our texts is in pdf, and I want to read them on the ipad, but is it possible with any app maybe, to highlight and take notes (maybe with a stylos) in the pdf document and save it? And also - is the one note app able to sync with onenote on my pc?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Absolutely - no problem at all. Reading and annotating PDFs are just what the iPad is for...

OK - two apps to check out --- GoodReader ---- which has pretty capable annotation capabilities plus is a great file manager too...

and the 'Rolls Royce' - iAnnotate - which is more expensive but has a stack of facilities. (if you search for them on the Apple App Store site you'll get a link to the Developer's web site and there you can download a comprehensive user manual for free that will give you a detailed view of its capabilities.

Don't hesitate to get back if you've any further questions. I'm sure you'll know the new iPad2 was announced just yesterday and will be available in Europe in two weeks at the same price as the 'old' iPad1....hang on in there...

You'll see that GoodReader is 'de rigeur' for the iPad, check out the reviews on the App Store, they're uniformly good.

I'm sure that other Forum members will step in with other suggestions too - I need to give the usual disclaimer that I'm not associated with the companies that market these apps - just a satisfied customer.

I hope you have a great day....

Tim
    Scotland
  3. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Oh yeah! PDF annotation galore-you will be good to go. I use Noterize mostly. You will be able to annotate to your heart's content!!
    I'm not sure about the OneNote syncing but someone else here can likely answer to that.
  4. stillestund

stillestund iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much, the iannotate app is exactly what I had in mind. Yes I'm definitely waiting for ipad2 :)

is there anyone who has experience with the windows onenote app?

Good day to you too :)