What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck Trying to Set Up Sharing

TopsailAngel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been asked. I looked around and didn't see anything. But then, if I had seen something...hmmm...I wouldn't be writing this now, would I? LoL!!

Here's my problem....I have the iPad and I bought my husband the iPad 2 for his birthday. He wants to set up account sharing, but hasn't had any luck at all. We've read everything we could find on the internet and in here. No clue as to why it won't work. Is there anyone who would be willing to tell me step by step how to do account sharing? It's really bothering hubby! LoL!! I have apps he would love to have. Let me add this...I do not have a problem with he and I sharing. My problem is his frustration....poor guy! :) Though he is new to Apple, he is very savvy to pcs.

Any ideas why we may be having no luck with this? I don't know anyone personally who has been through this to ask. You guys have come through for me before. You rock!

Thank you in advance,

Kristie

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To use the same iTunes account on an iPad you just set them both up in iTunes using the same computer with the same account. You can sync up to five devices this way. It's possible to go through the sync settings when the devices are connected and set up individual sync profiles.

If you are already using separate accounts, then things get tricky. I can't advice you on that, having only one account. I just know it is possible with certain precautions.

Reaction score
It is fairly straightforward to setup multiple accounts on an iPad.

On your husband's iTunes (the pc version, not on the iPad), go to Store->Authorize this computer, then enter your Apple ID. The next time his iPad syncs, it will be able to play all content purchased on both your accounts.

Finally, back in iTunes go to iTunes Store, check that it shows your email address in the top right corner, and then redownload any app your husband would like to use. (apps can be re-downloaded free of charge unlimited times).

Most reactions

Latest posts