What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck trying to Jailbreak

Twowit2woo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've decided to take the plunge and jailbreak my iPad. I'm totally new to this although have modded consoles for years so get what it's all about.

My first issue is that I am on ios 7.1, which I realise is no good. I found the "Official Apple IOS firmware download links" thread but it does not have a link to my model (A1430)

So right now I'm stuck. Is this anything to do with the fact that my ipad is UK?

Should I be able to use another firmware can anyone advise?

TIA.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cannot jailbreak iOS 7.1 or 7.1.1 on any device except the iPhone 4. And there's no way to downgrade back to a jailbreakable version of iOS 7 or iOS 6. For a better chance of getting a jailbreak in the future, developers have hinted onwards staying on iOS 7.1 since the kernel exploit is still open on 7.1.

There aren't any definitive "yes or no" in terms of a jailbreak being in the works by any of the hackers, but it's possible. The pattern may repeat with the iOS 8 jailbreak like it did the iOS 7 jailbreak a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I've decided to take the plunge and jailbreak my iPad. I'm totally new to this although have modded consoles for years so get what it's all about. My first issue is that I am on ios 7.1, which I realise is no good. I found the "Official Apple IOS firmware download links" thread but it does not have a link to my model (A1430) So right now I'm stuck. Is this anything to do with the fact that my ipad is UK? Should I be able to use another firmware can anyone advise? TIA.
If your iPad is on iOS 7.1, it can't be jailbroken. Nothing you can do will change that. It's also likely that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 7.1. You may have to wait until the public release of iOS 8 and the development of an iOS 8 jailbreak.

OP
T

Twowit2woo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nooooooo!

With all those links to older versions of I assumed it must be possible to downgrade. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry somewhere :(

Guess I'll just have to man up and wait.

I appreciate the speedy response though :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nooooooo!

With all those links to older versions of I assumed it must be possible to downgrade. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry somewhere :(

Guess I'll just have to man up and wait.

I appreciate the speedy response though :)

The links are there for archive purposes or if the user does not have access to iTunes at the moment and they want to download the IPSW onto a flash drive for later use, they can do so without having to install iTunes.

They may be usable to jailbreak in the future (I wouldn't bank on it though) but it's most likely not going to. Or on the off-chance that the servers suddenly start signing an older iOS, having the IPSW pre-downloaded makes it easier to take advantage of the window of signing (which is extremely rare).

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your iPad is on iOS 7.1, it can't be jailbroken. Nothing you can do will change that. It's also likely that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 7.1. You may have to wait until the public release of iOS 8 and the development of an iOS 8 jailbreak.

Ehh, there'll be a jailbreak. I remember back in the early days of the PSP hacking scene, with every new firmware that blocked the most recent hack/jailbreak, people would freak out like "OMG sony blocked us 4 good!!" and then the firmware would get hacked a few months later.

But then the Pandora Battery exploit was discovered and thus, every firmware on PSP became hackable. :p

Most reactions