What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on apple logo

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, anyone?

I hava a ipad mini 1st gen. My ipad was jailbroke and i attempted to remove it and do a recovery of the ipad. BUT now when it was in recovery mode it was loading shut off and the black screen with the white apple logo is on and will not turn off. If i turn it off it turns itself back on and tries to reload and repeats the same thing and does not go any further than the apple logo. I've tried all the things from holding down the home and stand by buttons and the red itunes display shows up and the computer only recognizes but itunes will not so it does not give the recovery screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if more information is needed let me know and i will respond back. Thank you.

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well once I get in front of a computer I will give it a try. I appreciate the reply back. Fingers crossed!!!!

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes.
Ok I had some time to get on the computer. So, I tried to install the tinyumbrella download but I can do it. When I try to the page wont load and I get message this page can't be displayed then asks me to fix the connection problem. But I am connected to the internet. So I can not even get through the first step.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you run a check on the strength of your internet connection? I use a free app called Speedtest. If your internet connection doesn't have enough bandwidth you'll have problems.

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you run a check on the strength of your internet connection? I use a free app called Speedtest. If your internet connection doesn't have enough bandwidth you'll have problems.

Yes bandwidth is fine I'm streaming movies without any issues. Everything else I download or upload is fine. Just that link won't work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firewalls and anti-virus programs have been known to interfere with tiny umbrella. Have you tried it with them turned off?

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firewalls and anti-virus programs have been known to interfere with tiny umbrella. Have you tried it with them turned off?
Sorry I have been very busy and unable to continue. I am going to be trying your suggestions tonight and hopefully It will solve my issues. I'll post my updates when i'm done. Thanks for the help.

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I have been very busy and unable to continue. I am going to be trying your suggestions tonight and hopefully It will solve my issues. I'll post my updates when i'm done. Thanks for the help.
Ok so I turned off firewall and antivirus. I downloaded and ran tinyumbrella. There is no advance tab when I open the program. I made sure the firewall was still turned off. I had to download 2 tinyumbrella files because the first one displayed a small black screen from java and nothing else. So I am still stuck...

OP
D

drtmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I turned off firewall and antivirus. I downloaded and ran tinyumbrella. There is no advance tab when I open the program. I made sure the firewall was still turned off. I had to download 2 tinyumbrella files because the first one displayed a small black screen from java and nothing else. So I am still stuck...
The latest tinyumbrella does not detect my device and shows message to connect a device the only tab reads fetch ota for all.

Most reactions

Latest posts