What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck Kindle App

iPad Luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - This is my first post, so please forgive if this has been covered before.

I have a ton of Apps (guess I'm an App freak), so it seems that I am always having to update them. Also unfortunately for some reason a lot of the time some of them get stuck during the update process. I have read where if you connect your iPad back to your computer for a sync and back-up that sometimes that un-sticks them, but for me that hasn't worked, so what I have resorted to doing is to just delete them and then download them again. So far, a lot of the ones I have deleted and then re-downloaded have been free Apps, so doing this works OK. However, there have been a few that have been paid Apps and fortunately some of them give you the option of re-downloading again without charging again. Now my Kindle App has become stuck while updating and because I have purchased quite a few e-books, I obviously don't want to lose them so I'm afraid of deleting the Kindle App. Because I sync and back-up using my computer and not the Cloud, I am thinking that theoretically after deleting the Kindle App, once I connect my iPad back to my computer, everything should sync back to my iPad from my computer, but I'm still afraid to try it. Can someone please ease my fear and confirm that yes, I should get everything back from syncing back to my computer? Otherwise, I need guidance on what to do about this stuck Kindle App. (I really don't understand why Apps get stuck while updating.)

Thanks for any and all help.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
How to create posts and new threads:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello - This is my first post, so please forgive if this has been covered before.

I have a ton of Apps (guess I'm an App freak), so it seems that I am always having to update them. Also unfortunately for some reason a lot of the time some of them get stuck during the update process. I have read where if you connect your iPad back to your computer for a sync and back-up that sometimes that un-sticks them, but for me that hasn't worked, so what I have resorted to doing is to just delete them and then download them again. So far, a lot of the ones I have deleted and then re-downloaded have been free Apps, so doing this works OK. However, there have been a few that have been paid Apps and fortunately some of them give you the option of re-downloading again without charging again. Now my Kindle App has become stuck while updating and because I have purchased quite a few e-books, I obviously don't want to lose them so I'm afraid of deleting the Kindle App. Because I sync and back-up using my computer and not the Cloud, I am thinking that theoretically after deleting the Kindle App, once I connect my iPad back to my computer, everything should sync back to my iPad from my computer, but I'm still afraid to try it. Can someone please ease my fear and confirm that yes, I should get everything back from syncing back to my computer? Otherwise, I need guidance on what to do about this stuck Kindle App. (I really don't understand why Apps get stuck while updating.)

Thanks for any and all help.

I can confirm that none of your e-books will be lost if you delete and re-install the app. You will, however, have to download them again from the Kindle cloud.

OP
I

iPad Luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that none of your e-books will be lost if you delete and re-install the app. You will, however, have to download them again from the Kindle cloud.

Well, as I mentioned in my post, I don't use the Cloud for my back-ups - I use my computer. As I asked, would they re-download from my computer as that is where I sync and copy? I'm thinking that they will but just wanted to confirm.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned in my post, I don't use the Cloud for my back-ups - I use my computer. As I asked, would they re-download from my computer as that is where I sync and copy? I'm thinking that they will but just wanted to confirm.

The books are in your Kindle account on the Amazon servers. That's where you would re-download them from. This backup is automatic and is what enables you to instal your Kindle purchases an any Kindle device or app you own. It has nothing to do with Apples's iCloud service.

OP
I

iPad Luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The books are in your Kindle account on the Amazon servers. That's where you would re-download them from. This backup is automatic and is what enables you to instal your Kindle purchases an any Kindle device or app you own. It has nothing to do with Apples's iCloud service.

WONDERFUL! I am going to take your word for it, although it does makes sense.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I really appreciate your help!

OP
I

iPad Luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WONDERFUL! I am going to take your word for it, although it does makes sense.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I really appreciate your help!

Oh my Lord in Heaven - it worked! I just deleted the App and immediately upon re-downloading it, ALL of my books came right back instantly without me doing anything, Yee-Haw! You guys are great. I'm going to luv using this forum!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad your problem is solved. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more problems or questions.

Most reactions