What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in Safe Mode?

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cant figure this out?

Tried deleting the last couple of apps/widgets I installed and my jbipad2 still comes up in safe mode???

Mel

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did a restore and it's still in safe mode???

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you properly restored your iPad it is impossible to be in safe mode. Safe mode is a jailbreak only option. It is provided by the jailbreak (Mobile Substrate), not by the operating system.

Can you describe what steps exactly you followed to restore the device?

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you properly restored your iPad it is impossible to be in safe mode. Safe mode is a jailbreak only option. It is provided by the jailbreak (Mobile Substrate), not by the operating system.

Can you describe what steps exactly you followed to restore the device?

I did a restore from a backup i did earlier today.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, that will not resolve anything. Restoring from backup and restoring your iPad are two completely different things.

Restoring from backup just copies back your settings over the top of anything that is on your iPad and it will have absolutely zero effect on your jailbreak as none of your JB apps and settings are included in the backup...

A full iPad restore on the other hand is where you press the "restore" button in iTunes. This wipes your iPad completely and restores it to a factory fresh state. This may still be your last resort, but let's try something else first...

Are you sure you removed everything from Cydia you installed recently? Safe Mode kicks in because you are trying to run something that is not compatible with your iPad (because it was designed for the iPhone) or the version of IOS you are running (cos the App is too old)

If you list what you have (go into Cydia and switch to the Installed tab) here, I'll try and pick out the culprit for you.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm uninstalling everything I installed this am to see if i can find the culprit.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK....I've uninstalled everything I installed since I jailbroke it and it still comes up in safe mode???

Arrggggggggg.......

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, well.......time for a factory restore to 4.3.3.....

kaiseruk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can attach a screenshot of your installed packages tab inside of cydia, maybe a few of us could double, triple check the list and if we spot the misbehaving package, we could perhaps save the time it would take to restore, sync and jailbreak.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I've already started on restoring....

Most reactions

Latest posts