What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stuck in recovery/restore

wolfie212

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my Ipad2 but did not save shsh now stuck in screen with connect to itunes. Is there a way to recover this I tried tiny umbrella but under device comes up with ? and some numbers. I have been looking everywhere for a fix and cant seem to find one. tried different firmware versions but cant get them to work. I am Confused please help

Kipperg1578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try putting your device into DFU mode, NOT recovery mode, then on tinyumbrella plug your device in and hit fix recovery, it may work.

memphisb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i had the exact same problem.

Mine is 4.3.3 JB and this happened when I updated to 6.1.
I am stuck at the recovery screen and restore doesn't work.

I have tried DFU, pressing home+power for 10 secs and hold home for 5 secs but nothing happens?

Did i just brick my ipad2?

To be exact, it says "The Ipad cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)"

Last edited:
OP
W

wolfie212

iPF Noob
Reaction score
was finally able to download latest firmware to computer then put in dfu mode and pointed the restore to the puter and it worked where the firmware was and it worked

Most reactions

Latest posts