What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stuck in recovery mode and pc cant recognize ipad

ssentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just get an ipad, but is stuck in recovery mode, and pc cant recognize, i think the charging port is in good condition because im still able to charge the ipad, can you guys help me with this please

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ssentinel said:
just get an ipad, but is stuck in recovery mode, and pc cant recognize, i think the charging port is in good condition because im still able to charge the ipad, can you guys help me with this please

Hello ssentinel, welcome to the forum. Since this is your first post, it would be good for you to head on over to the newcomers subforum, just two lines above the iPad 1 forum. Introduce yourself and take advantage of the forum by reading about the rules and tips and tricks of the forum.

On to your problem. You posted this in the iPad 1 forum, is it an iPad 1 that you are having a problem with? Is it safe to assume this is a used iPad? Are you updating your iOS to the latest version? How came you to this solution requiring you to restore or recover your iPad? Do you have the latest version iTunes (10.7) installed on your PC?

As you can see, your post generates a whole lot of questions even before a solution can be found. It is always good to provide: the who, the what, the why, and the how, when posting a problem. Helps everyone else come to your rescue a whole lot faster.

OP
S

ssentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the fast response, it is a first gen 3g 32gb, and is used, i cant answer the other questions, because i bought it in ebay the seller stated it was stuck in recovery mode, so i dont wich firmware or if it is already jb, and yes im using the latest itunes, and a windows 7 pc

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, the "iPad is stuck in recovery mode" - so what exactly is showing on the screen?

When you plug it into the PC, do you get any sound or see any attempt by your PC to load drivers? In other words, with the iPad connected, can you access or see it via Windows Explorer?

What happens when you try to put the iPad into DFU Mode? If you don't know what that is, or need help on putting an iPad into DFU Mode, see this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=27489

Have you tried connecting it to the PC with an Apple-specific/iPad-specific USB cable? Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on the PC (preferably one ON the PC, not a dock or USB hub)?

What happens when/if you reboot the iPad? To do (apologies if you already know): Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

That's enough trouble-shooting questions for now. See if you can do any of the actions - and see if any of them help. Holler back when ready. Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
S

ssentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont get any sound when i connect to the pc, i can put it in dfu mode but the pc is unable to recognize the ipad, ive been trying in different usb ports and different usb cables, the weird thing is that i actually can charge the ipad, im starting to think it may be a hardware problem, what can i do to know if i can repair it or if i have to buy a new usb port?

OP
S

ssentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry for double posting, but the thread is kind of stuck like my ipad =), i send the ipad to a technician and he told me it was the usb port that was broken, im searching on ebay for the usb port and its $40-46, is there another place where i can buy that part cheaper?

Most reactions

Latest posts