stuck headphones but want to use speakers

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by rujabe, Jun 21, 2015.

1. rujabe

rujabe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hi all!

i had my earpods' jack stuck in my ipad. i tried using the superglue trick but i ended up with a jack port filled with superglue (what a dumbass). anyway i cant afford to bring it to apple since my warranty expired last year. is there any way or an app that will let me turn on my speakers while the ipad is stuck on headphones mode. btw im using ipad4.

if anyone can solve this, i will owe you big time (not in monetary of course, i cant even afford to bring to to apple)

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm afraid not. There's a physical switch in the headphone jack that's activated when a headphone plug is inserted into the headphone jack. This switch turns off the power to the speakers.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Agree w/ Scifan.. - appears that you put a substantial amount of superglue (needs just a dab) into the headphone port which likely has permanently sealed in the broken jack. As a work-around solution, I played music over some BT speakers and when I plugged in some earphones on my iPad, the sound was muted, as I suspected.

Now, I'm a member of the MacForums and just yesterday, a new poster claimed that this MANEUVER worked for him - I am dubious; however, if indeed you put a LOT of glue into the port, I doubt that potential solution would work. Bottom line, you need the device repaired, sorry. Dave :)

4. rujabe

rujabe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    do u at least know how much it would cost? considering i have an expired waranty

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have Apple do it, the cost is about half the cost of a new iPad.