What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Struggling to get ipod and ipad to share data via icloud

Roshez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have an ipod Touch (4th gen. ios 5.1.1) and an ipad 3 (also ios 5.1.1) I would like to use icloud to sync my calendar and address book between the two.

My problem is that I bought the ipod last year and the ipad this month. In between times I have changed email providers, so my username (email address) is different on each device. I have tried to change the email address details on the ipod touch to my current address, but the system tells me that the username I have chosen is already taken (Yes, by me!).

I cannot believe this is a unique situation, but the problem has me completely baffled. If anyone out there in i-land can point me towards a solution, I'll be very, very grateful.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Delete any iCloud accounts you have in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars; on both devices.

Pick one iCloud account, whichever one you like and seems to work.

In Settings - iCloud sign in with that account on both devices.

Do not create an account. If prompted choose to use an existing account. The account must be the same on both devices for them to sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts