What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stretching the iPad as far as it will go

Akm3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. Making an introduction post as recommended by the admin PM.

I knew instantly the iPad was going to e a big deal, but I didn't know for sure it was THE FUTURE.

I'm striving to experience as much of that future as possible by aggressively pushing the envelope of what an iPad can do, and hope ths community can help me with tips, tricks, advanced work flows, experiments, and app recommendations/advice.

A lot of iPad users don't really understand the full power of what they've got. Let's all unlock it and push forward together!

Oh! And my name is Allen. Hi everyone.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Allen, welcome to the Forum.

The great thing about the iPad is it can do so many things for so many people. I'm sure I don't even know half of what you can do with it, but as I find new things that are interesting to me, I add them on.

but as far as stretching it goes, 9 inches is about it. :D

Glad to have you here.;)

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since I am NEW to the iPad world (I've been strictly an iPhone lover), it would be nice if those of you who actually know what you're doing would post some helpful information for us "new people" in regards to the iPad 2. Thanks.

OP
A

Akm3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I am NEW to the iPad world (I've been strictly an iPhone lover), it would be nice if those of you who actually know what you're doing would post some helpful information for us "new people" in regards to the iPad 2. Thanks.

I'm planning on exactly that. Every time I run across or think of a new tip or trick, I:
Four finger swipe up to start multitasking
Choose Notesy and create new note (which makes a new text file on dropbox, I can do this from iPhone, ipad, or iMac (with notational velocity instead of Notesy)
Type ttipx which text expandeder changes to ttipx (today's date and time stamp) and positions the cursor, and type a tip name.
Type tip details.

This is growing me a list of txt files in dropbox easily searchable or filterable by tip, that I can later use to make a post here.

It sounds kind of overkill but I can manage all my lists and item processing like a giant flexible database whose workflow is the same on my phone, pad or Mac. I think that's pretty cool and it's easier and faster than it sounds.

Bottom line / TLDR: I'm collecting all the tips I can and eating my own dogfood if you will, and will share at this forum and learn more I hope.

(learned most of this workflow from Merlin Mann on podcasts)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There's a 'Tips and Tricks' thread that contains an assortment of ideas of this sort so I'd recommend you check it out, but it has been suggested that there should be an FAQ section too.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts