What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Street atlas?

WAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New user here. Replacing travel laptop with ipad and wondering if there is anything comparable to ms Streets & Trips? Don't care about navigation and I don't want to connect, so it will need to use stored maps. On the PC S&T only required one CD for the whole country, so how big can it be? I bought a 64Gb ipad so should have lots of room. I know there are apps out there where I can pre-load maps as I need them...I'm hoping that's not the best you can do.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He didn't say he needed the whole U.S., only stated that S&T has the whole country on one disk, as an example.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like street and trips and was the reason I bought parallels for my laptop.
There never has been anything in the mac world that came close. This would be a great app and loveto have it on my ipad.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have had S&T's for years. I used it in the car with my laptop prior to buying a standalone gps, but still use it to plan trips.

OP
W

WAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes search on AAA map came back pretty empty. I found a fuel calculator and a discount guide for AAA members. What was I supposed to find?

As to col.bris question: You're quite right...I don't need the entire USA. Pacific Ocean to the Mississippi River will do nicely. What...you guys don't drive much DownUnder?

OP
W

WAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I found a AAA Trip Tik app. However, it says it requires uninterupted WiFi which I assume means the maps are not resident on the ipad.

I'm looking for resident maps so I don't need an on-the-road connection. I have 3G and have used it with iPad Maps, but it's slow and eats up usage rapidly. No comparison to S&T on a laptop. I guess I could consider carrying both, but not really what I wanted to do.

fredz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too want an app that stores street maps on the iPad so that I can access them when there is not a network connection available. Are there any apps like this?

Most reactions

Latest posts