What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming Spotify in Car with an IPad

charmedlife417

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in streaming music from Spotify and Pandora and similar services directly through my car speakers. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

I should add that I have found a device that will connect my android phone directly to the factory radio on my 1998 Camry. I have a long commute and want to add an iPod on a mount for a much larger screen in the car for safer operation. Can I use the same phone number as my android phone, or do I have to get a second cell number to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in streaming music from Spotify and Pandora and similar services directly through my car speakers. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

I should add that I have found a device that will connect my android phone directly to the factory radio on my 1998 Camry. I have a long commute and want to add an iPod on a mount for a much larger screen in the car for safer operation. Can I use the same phone number as my android phone, or do I have to get a second cell number to accomplish this?

Well, I'm not sure that your really understand what would be needed for your first paragraph above - first, streaming from Spotify/Pandora in a moving car would require a cellular connection to the internet, and then either a cabled or wireless (such as Bluetooth, BT) connection to your car's radio - likely not feasible.

I have two Camry cars (2005 & 2014) - the new one has BT - wife has an iPhone 6, so she could connect to the web via cellular and then to our radio in the new car - NO option in the old car. SO, the requirements are as explained - not sure what the 'device to connect to your Android phone' means but suggest that you explain and maybe other suggestions can be given? Dave :)

OP
C

charmedlife417

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Girad, sorry my slow response, and thanks for responding. Actually there IS an add-on aftermarket device that will connect my phone to an older vehicle. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/USA-BT35-TOY-...d=1423067683&sr=1-1&keywords=USA+SPEC+BT35TOY

The company, USA Spec, makes a whole series of these for all different makes of older cars. You can call Crutchfield and as them if they make one for your older cars.

So now that that's solved, I've been told that I can get a separate cell number assigned to an IPad and stream in music to my car. And BTW, according to the folks at Crutchfield, this USA Spec device also gives you hands free cell service (it somes with a separate microphone), and you hear the callers through your car audio system. Sounds pretty cool. I haven't bought one yet, and will probably call the company directly before making my purchase.

Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks,
EG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Girad, sorry my slow response, and thanks for responding. Actually there IS an add-on aftermarket device that will connect my phone to an older vehicle. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/USA-BT35-TOY-...d=1423067683&sr=1-1&keywords=USA+SPEC+BT35TOY

The company, USA Spec, makes a whole series of these for all different makes of older cars. You can call Crutchfield and as them if they make one for your older cars.

So now that that's solved, I've been told that I can get a separate cell number assigned to an IPad and stream in music to my car. And BTW, according to the folks at Crutchfield, this USA Spec device also gives you hands free cell service (it somes with a separate microphone), and you hear the callers through your car audio system. Sounds pretty cool. I haven't bought one yet, and will probably call the company directly before making my purchase.

Hi EG - well, like I said, you'll first need to get an 'everywhere' internet signal and there are certainly many options, such as mentioned; Mi-Fi w/ 'use as you go' might be another consideration for you?

As to getting the music to your old car stereo, I use to have a cheap wireless device that I plugged my iPod into and then had to tune in an 'unused' FM channel - worked poorly; I use Crutchfield all of the time and had looked at their options and even visited the car audio section at Best Buy to see what conversion options might be available for my older Camry - there were certainly a LOT of solutions, so you're headed in the right direction - hope all works out - now, I never said that it was impossible, just not easily accomplished w/o some effort and investment. Good luck. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts