What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

streaming netflix through wii

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a wii for a couple of years now as as I just got a ipad indecember I have netflix account now and was wondering can I stream through wii and does ipad come involved as a remote or anything?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
The iPad cannot push Netflix (stream) to the Wii. The Wii can stream Netflix on its own. The iPad can streak Netflix on its own. The Remote app works from the iPad to control an apple device (either iTunes or AppleTV). You can manage your queue on the iPad's Netflix app. I actually watch a lot of Netflix on my iPad.

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact Netflix for the disk to use in your Wii game machine that allow the Netflix connection.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact Netflix for the disk to use in your Wii game machine that allow the Netflix connection.

Actually you don't need the disc anymore. Just download the Netflix application through the Wii and install it.

sfarringto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no longer a disk. You download a free app from the WII store or whatever it is called.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are the tv shows on netflix current...like next day or what? I've watched somemovies but haven't checked out tv shows

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are the tv shows on netflix current...like next day or what? I've watched somemovies but haven't checked out tv shows

Not really. You might get last season's shows, but it doesn't work like Hulu. Netflix is all about DVD rentals, so if the show's DVDs are not available for rent you won't get them on Netflix either.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm well hulu plus has a app.doesn't it? But the rating suck if I remember correctly?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The content on Hulu Plus as well as the video streaming quality are both pretty good. The reason you see so many poor ratings for the app is because you are paying $7.99 a month and you still have to watch advertisements every 10 minutes or so, just like you do when watching for free on your computer. If the ads don't bother you then it is fine. If you plan on watching Hulu content at home, I would suggest purchasing Splashtop and just watch the content remotely through your wireless network. It isn't perfect, but it is close enough to get the job done and it is certainly a cheaper way to go.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Hulu might actually go under according to recent reports. They're considering a total restructuring of their business model. Its sad really.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We stream netflix via a sony network media player now.

Huluplus is great. I still chuckle at the folk who get upset overy paying $7.99 and still get commercials. How is Hulu's service different from Comcast or DirecTV??? I still have to watch commercials through them and I pay $80 a month for service! ..some people just amaze me. Maybe if they were smart, they'd NOT have a sat or cable provider, and just buy an old computer, slap a video card with an HDMI output into it, plug it into their 42" LCD tv, and just stream content from the FREE hulu site. Even if a new computer with HDMI out is $600, and hulu.com is free, that means the whole setup roughly pays for itself in about 6 months..... But oh well. I'll still pay for my commercials :)

Anywho, Huluplus doesn't have as much content as their flashbased, free site. This is why:
Helen, Oct 02 13:13 (PDT):
Hi Adam,
Thank you for your email. To help clarify, due to legal restrictions placed with our content network partners on how specific content can be shared through devices, there is a difference in content available on the free Hulu.com web experience vs. what you can access from the Hulu Plus subscription service that is accessible on devices. For example, a show like Hell's Kitchen or Fringe can be viewed for free on your computer, but you would not be able to view it on your iPad.
As some background, when we launched the free Hulu.com service, we obtained licensing to stream content direct from the PC – and only from the PC. With the launch of the subscription-based Hulu Plus service, we had to start over from scratch and acquire licensing to stream content on TVs, smartphones, and tablets as well as PCs. We tried to get as much as overlap as possible (we want it all, of course), but there were some exceptions that we’ll continue to work to resolve.
Before we launched Hulu Plus, we wanted to be sure we had a robust offering of content available for subscribers. Today, Hulu Plus includes hundreds of shows, some of which haven’t been available online before, and full runs of many of them. (To see a full list of all the content that is currently available across ALL devices, please go to Hulu - Plus) Still, we understand it’s disappointing when you can’t access some of your favorite shows on devices. Please know that we are working diligently to include as much content as possible in Hulu Plus so you can enjoy more of your favorite shows where and when you want, and we’re confident the offering will improve over time. We are working hard on your behalf to attain these streaming rights for shows so we can make them available on both Hulu Plus and Hulu Classic. We definitely aim to get as many of your favorite shows we possibly can.
Thanks for your patience with this matter and please let us know if you have any further questions.
All the best,
Helen
Hulu Support
Visit our newly updated Help site: Hulu - Support
Follow us on Twitter for immediate Customer Support updates: Hulu Support (hulu_support) on Twitter

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We stream netflix via a sony network media player now.

Huluplus is great. I still chuckle at the folk who get upset overy paying $7.99 and still get commercials. How is Hulu's service different from Comcast or DirecTV???

Is is different from Comcast or DirecTV because you don't have a large majority of people accessing their media for free while a much smaller group are paying for what ends up being a worse service (less content). I don't blame Hulu for going with a paid service, but at the same time the argument against their current model does have some merit.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Netflix and it's been streaming fairly well with not reall any interruptions...was wondering how the hulu plus app streams? I know a lot of people are upset with the $7.99 subscription but does it stream without much buffering like my Netflix app will?

Most reactions

Latest posts