What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming movies to my sony tv.

rogerde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
May of been asked before. I would like to make the most of my movies I got on my iPad 2 64g.
All movies are purchased from iTunes store and I would like to watch them on my Sony tv.
Have looked at a few adaptors and cables. Thinking of going for the hdmi.
Anyone no of any problems that I may come across, or any other ideas of better connection ways.
Any help or advice much appreciated.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was just on an amazon site looking for an HDMI adaptor for my iPad 2 and there were pages of people who are having major problems trying to get movies to work with iPad 2's. so many different problems but all were the TV , HDMI, and IPad 2 adaptor working together, or rather not working together. I didn't see any solutions there which was disappointing. I will keep watching out for somebody who figures it out.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Figures what out? I do this all the time and never have any problems. If you get the apple HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable, then you can hook up and play movies from your iPad. Or, if you get an Apple TV, then you can AirPlay from the iPad to the Apple TV. Works great. There are no major problems. You need to make sure the movie is in the right format or get the right app to play your movie. It could be that all those people with problems just don't understand what is needed. But there is no problem playing movies on a TV with an iPad. This is a well known thing.

OP
R

rogerde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guy's for advice.
I'm assuming all my movies are the right format as I can watch them on the iPad, plus they were purchased from iTunes. Never heard of apple tv though. Will have to look this up I think. I'd also seen on amazon reviews of people having problems, reason why I posted here to see if anyone on here experienced any issue's.
Thanks again guy's.
Once I read up some on apple tv I will take the plunge on either one.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Figures what out? I do this all the time and never have any problems. If you get the apple HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable, then you can hook up and play movies from your iPad. Or, if you get an Apple TV, then you can AirPlay from the iPad to the Apple TV. Works great. There are no major problems. You need to make sure the movie is in the right format or get the right app to play your movie. It could be that all those people with problems just don't understand what is needed. But there is no problem playing movies on a TV with an iPad. This is a well known thing.

Thanks, phew, I was really worried for a few hours! Appreciate it more than you know!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score

THANKS!! It seems I got somewhat paranoid after reading that apple support forum. Thank you everyone who has put my mind at peace! :)

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just on an amazon site looking for an HDMI adaptor for my iPad 2 and there were pages of people who are having major problems trying to get movies to work with iPad 2's. so many different problems but all were the TV , HDMI, and IPad 2 adaptor working together, or rather not working together. I didn't see any solutions there which was disappointing. I will keep watching out for somebody who figures it out.

I just went to BestBuy and bought the Apple HDMI adaptor and have had no problems watching movies on my tv. I have been considering buying Apple TV, but haven't done it yet. Should be easier, since you don't have to connect cables to the iPad. You just have to switch your tv over to the port your Apple TV is plugged into. I watch movies from Crackle all the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts