What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming movies from my mac to my iPad

Trysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want to stream movies from my mac to my iPad, I have downloaded the app to my iPad Air Video and that as far as I have got.. What now ? Wat do I have to download to my mac ? Please help very frustrating..

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Trysha - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters - have you DL the app to your Mac computer? Dave

OP
Trysha

Trysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the air video server on my mac... And then I went into the air video on my iPad and opened it and asked it to add server, at the bottom it says loading and the icon going around searching but never finds anything

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have downloaded the air video server on my mac... And then I went into the air video on my iPad and opened it and asked it to add server, at the bottom it says loading and the icon going around searching but never finds anything 

Hi again Trysha - now, I do not have this software on my MBPro or my iPad, so likely cannot provide you an answer. I looked at the website and a program is needed on your computer called 'server' and an app on the iPad; apparently there are two versions, i.e. a standard one and an HD version - the server & iPad installments have to be the same version, so make sure that is true for you; also, I'm assuming that the computer & iPad need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. I would need to actually have the program and/or see some documentation to help any further - sorry. However, check their Website - there is a forum - the information you need may already be there or you can post your own questions. Hopefully, one of our many members may be using this software successfully and will chime in - good luck! Dave :)

Addendum: I would suggest that you remove your email address from your location - just easy fodder for spammers - ;)

OP
Trysha

Trysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again Trysha - now, I do not have this software on my MBPro or my iPad, so likely cannot provide you an answer. I looked at the website and a program is needed on your computer called 'server' and an app on the iPad; apparently there are two versions, i.e. a standard one and an HD version - the server & iPad installments have to be the same version, so make sure that is true for you; also, I'm assuming that the computer & iPad need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. I would need to actually have the program and/or see some documentation to help any further - sorry. However, check their Website - there is a forum - the information you need may already be there or you can post your own questions. Hopefully, one of our many members may be using this software successfully and will chime in - good luck! Dave :)

Addendum: I would suggest that you remove your email address from your location - just easy fodder for spammers - ;)

How do I remove my email address pleas

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do I remove my email address pleas

You put in your email address when setting up your forum account - first go into 'Settings' which should show you a page w/ a portion looking like the attached screen capture - select 'Edit Profile' on the top left; then go to 'Location' - mine says 'North Carolina' - in your profile should be your email address - delete and put in your geographic location, if desired or leave blank (but good to know where members are located even if just a country name is given). Good luck - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 5.58.04 PM.png

OP
Trysha

Trysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong,,, I went into setting on the forum and all I can see is how to set up Facebook... Am I in wrong place?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong,,, I went into setting on the forum and all I can see is how to set up Facebook... Am I in wrong place?

Hi again Trysha - I'm not sure if you are trying to make this change using the iPad app or the website w/i a browser - my statements have applied to the website reached w/i a browser - so that may be an issue. NOW, if you go to the forum in a browser (whether on the iPad or a computer), then you should see the screenshot below (it's mine w/ 'giradman' - you can see the 'Settings' option to the right of my name) - you need to click on that choice and then follow my directions in the last post - please let me know if this works for you. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 8.49.12 PM.png

OP
Trysha

Trysha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Dave, that was the problem I was using my iPad, I did it on my mac.. Thanks a million ❌

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Dave, that was the problem I was using my iPad, I did it on my mac.. Thanks a million ❌

GREAT! You're email address has magically disappeared - no spammers! :D

NOW, onto the reason you started this thread - check out the forum on the website mentioned in one of my previous posts - and make sure that you have the same versions of their software on you computer & iPad (and I'm assuming BOTH are on the same Wi-Fi network) - good luck! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts