Streaming Amazon Prime movies from iPad to TV

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by larrycruzen, Jul 9, 2019.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I’m pretty sure Bluetooth is too slow for HDMI.

I’m surprised the Chromebook won’t work with your iPhone. Once you turn on the iPhone’s personal hotspot, the Chromebook should see and treat it like any other wi-fi network.

Note, it will not self discover, remotely turn on, and join the iPhone’s hotspot, like other Apple devices; but joining manually on the Chromebook after manually turning it on (on the phone) should work.

Then again, I don’t own a Chromebook. Maybe Google did something odd with them. I say Google, because I have no problems with my Windows laptop joining my iOS hotspots. Heck, my Android tablets have no problem connecting with my iPhone’s hotspot.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I did look into the Netflix/Amazon issue a bit more. The waters are cloudy, with no one willing to make a statement about what is going on (according to the one article I found on the subject). No comments from Apple either; though that is par for the course with them.

The silver lining is that maybe Android devices will stream Netflix and Amazon prime over HDMI. I don’t have the adaptor, so I can’t try.

3. larrycruzen

larrycruzen
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Twerppoet, you are right, as usual. Despite the help section saying that it had to connect thru an Android phone, it did recognize my iPhone hotspot and I was able to get onto the internet with the Chromebook.

It refuses to download the Amazon Prime app from the google play store, however, saying that this particular Chromebook isn’t compatible. It would download Netflix and Hula apps, but I suspended those accounts when I left civilization in Florida.

Don’t have much use for this Chromebook. Back to being a paper weight.

Unless I can get my old Windows laptop working, I’m going to quit wasting time on this and settle for what I get on DirecTV satellite.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Oh well. Sorry it didn’t work.

My final suggestion: More walking and podcasts. I especially recommend “The Incomparable Radio Theater”. Really good spoofs on old radio shows. I also like “The TED Talk Radio Hour” for more thought provoking content.