What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange problem

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope someone here can help, it kinda weird but when l reply to a post in a forum, l click on the button on the
+ button so it gets bigger.
As l am typing it keeps going back to the small slot at the
bottom. If the iPad is flat it does happen. Also when I have it on my stand. Only when it's tilted and the back is about
1and half inches higher than the front.
Using iOS 10.0.2 but it was happening before.
Resetting etc. Cures it for a while.
Thanks in advance

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know what + button you are talking about. Could you please add more details.

As for the tilting thing, make sure you are not accidentally pressuring the volume control buttons that are on the top (home button to the right) edge. I have not idea why this would cause a difference in text or zoom size, but it's the most likely thing to be affected by having your iPad at an angle instead of flat or in a well designed stand.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The + plus button l refer to is the one next to were you would write your request or reply.
And you wish to add a photo or screenshot.
I am not coming into contact with any volume buttons, just the normal keyboard.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where it says write reply is the plus sign

692a9a2e37c5661d364a830e361ff6f4.jpg

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Now I understand.

But, I don't think I can be of much help. I rarely use TapaTalk on the iPad, much prefering to use the website in Safari instead. I do use it on the iPhone, but rarely reply there. Instead, if I'm reading on the iPhone I'll make a note of the threads I want to get back to, and reply on the iPad later.

Since it's the TapaTalk app, and not Safari or iOS in general causing the problem you shouldn't have to do a reset when it starts to misbehave. Instead double tap on the home button, then swipe up on the TapaTalk app to remove it from the app list.

IMG_1842-2.jpeg

This will force the TapaTalk app to restart the next time you open it.

If that works to clear the problem (howeve temporary) the people to talk to would be TapaTalk's developers. I can't find a app user's support contact (the website caters to forum owners), but they do have a discussion form wiht a section for app users. Not surprisingly it's available in the TapaTalk app.

If the problem persists despite clearing the app, maybe it is an iOS problem. Not sure what to do about that except hope for an update that fixes. Though you could mention it on the TapaTalk forum anyway in the hopes that they will either work around it, or at least file a bug report with Apple to fix it. (You must be a developer or in the public beta program to send bug reports to Apple (called a Radar).

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks
Your comments about the case makes me wonder and the fact that it doesn't do it when l reply using my iPhone in the same way, i.e. Tilted in my hand

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your suggestion about the case, l noticed that it had what should l say a bigger fold than others at the top.
And when it was folded it would bend a little, if l held it tight in place my problem went away.
Sorry hard to explain so l took a few pics.
66f7bf247f94a5222ea521625e205077.jpg

b08b5e9d205883ae4d94b90a89bf85b0.jpg

So thanks again for your help. All l need is another iPad case

Thanks again

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Last edited:
OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A new case is on order, looks more stable.
And it swivels in the middle, which should help with apps like Sky news etc. Which read from left to right, if you know what l mean.
7a5bfac910df8cd2a5f87d71fd874195.jpg

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Last edited:
OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi quick update since the new case arrived, l have had no further problems the whole thing is more stable.
Funny though Sky News updated their app and turned it on its side, making it much easier to view. Landscape view l mean.
Once again thanks.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As for Sky News; adding a landscape view is good. No iPad app should be without one; but a bit surprised that they would remove the portrait video. Make certain you haven't accidently turned on rotation lock in the Control Center.

Image.jpeg

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rotation lock is off, glad you mentioned it. Noticed that it appears at the top of the screen as a kinda reminder, never seen it before. Learnt something new.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Most reactions

Latest posts