What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange button icon on my iPAD

azimuth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've an iPad 4 (wifi+mobile) and I've jyst updated iOS to the latest version, v. 6.1.2 and after then I've noticed two weird things:
  1. the padlock icon is disappeared from my lock screen.
  2. Button icons are the same as as in the old iOS 5.x version, that's to say with OFF/ON label on them. Instead of the O/I labels that I have on my iPhone 5 (updated to iOS 6.1.2 as well). you can see pictures attached to notice the differences ...
the device is not JB.

I know those are minor things, but they are driving me nut! Any ideas!? Thanks in advance! :)

have a nice day,

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    354.9 KB · Views: 377
  • iphone.PNG
    iphone.PNG
    101.6 KB · Views: 400

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've an iPad 4 (wifi+mobile) and I've jyst updated iOS to the latest version, v. 6.1.2 and after then I've noticed two weird things:
  1. the padlock icon is disappeared from my lock screen.
  2. Button icons are the same as as in the old iOS 5.x version, that's to say with OFF/ON label on them. Instead of the O/I labels that I have on my iPhone 5 (updated to iOS 6.1.2 as well). you can see pictures attached to notice the differences ...
the device is not JB.

I know those are minor things, but they are driving me nut! Any ideas!? Thanks in advance! :)

have a nice day,

Well, I have the iPad3 updated to v6.1.2 and it has no padlock icon that I can see, unless I have missed it, so that must be normal for 6.1.2. I don't have the iPhone5 (wish I did) but can only guess that the iPhone update gives different results on the iPhone.
Just wondering why that is driving you nuts. Both units are working fine, are they not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
A

azimuth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering why that is driving you nuts. Both units are working fine, are they not?

Yes, both of them are working perfectly fine, nothing to say about that. It's just the incoherency in the iOS which I'd have never thought of in Apple products... but in your iPad3 the button icons are like...? ON/OFF or I/O?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, both of them are working perfectly fine, nothing to say about that. It's just the incoherency in the iOS which I'd have never thought of in Apple products... but in your iPad3 the button icons are like...? ON/OFF or I/O?

I've only ever see on/off. Never I/O. That's new to me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks like you have the Region and/or language set differently on each device. I'm guessing that is what's causing the difference in UI. ON/OFF only makes sence if you are using English.

OP
A

azimuth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like you have the Region and/or language set differently on each device. I'm guessing that is what's causing the difference in UI. ON/OFF only makes sence if you are using English.

EXACTLY THIS! THANKS YOU SO MUCH! it has been just a matter of switching the regional setting ... and ON/OFF -> O/I .. I learnt something! Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts