What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Alerts

Rosemj2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines just made the "susuu" sound. Thought I was going mad, glad to see someone else is experiencing it. Mine is iPad 3 iOS 5.1.1. This is the second time it has occurred. Could it be one of the apps running in the background?

Rosemj2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine seems to be generated by Simms Freeplay. I set a simm growing some veg and closed the smart cover, and hey presto "susuu" . Opened the smart cover and there was my veg!!!! Repeated it three times and got the same results.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's worthy to mention that I checked all sounds that resides in iPad: alert tones from 'ALERT' to 'UPDATE' and ringtones from 'MARIMBA' to 'XYLOPHONE' and none of them sounds like "susuu" sound. So.., where this comes from??

It comes from simsfreeplay

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine seems to be generated by Simms Freeplay. I set a simm growing some veg and closed the smart cover, and hey presto "susuu" . Opened the smart cover and there was my veg!!!! Repeated it three times and got the same results.

nice. Its obviously one of the nice bugs that plagues the game. Lately they've fixed a lot of them. They fixed the bug that a lot of people took advantage of when you could get lifestyle points and dollars for free.

Pforshay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that the sound is combining from new email received on the XFINITY App. I plan on deleting the APP to see if it continues.

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that the sound is combining from new email received on the XFINITY App. I plan on deleting the APP to see if it continues.

I had same problem; mine was caused by Battery Doctor App. Deleted it and solved problem!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

You should be able to find the XFINIT app in your Settings > Notifications and silence any alerts there. In case you want to keep the app.

Shadowgus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it is what you are hearing, but try turning the Lock Sounds off then on to see what it sounds like.

I am also getting the "susuu" sound for months now. Googled it continuously but seems to be one of the few Ungoogleable mysteries I have encountered. The sound comes on randomly, no on screen clues, all sound settings that I am aware of checked out, no dice!
Very irritating when it comes on at night! Someone please fess up to this virus-like annoyance, or enlighten on how to get rid of it.

td125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has started making this sound notification since downloading the sims freeplay app. I think it is the notification sound for this app.

Most reactions

Latest posts