What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

story boarding app?

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good story boarding app.

I will be drawing my own pictures in sketchbook express then importing them into the storyboarding app.

I like using pages on my mac with it's story boarding template.

Does anyone know if pages has a story boarding template in the ipad version?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, there is not story board template.

However; I used Pages on the iMac to create a story board document with some of each page type, then I imported it to Pages on the iPad. By storing it on DropBox I can use it as a template, re-importing it each time I need it.

The downside: Not every feature imported. The headers that were at the top of every page now only show up on the first page. You can't easily add, remove, or rearrange pages like you can on the iMac. There are probably some other differences.

It also accessed the internet to download images when importing. I have no idea what or why this happened.

On the positive side. After looking over the template it does't look like it would be hard to create one on the iPad that would work better. While the iPad does not directly support templates, if you save a document to iTunes File Share, iDisk, or a webDAV server (can be done indirectly with DropBox) then each time you import it you get a new document. And that's close enough to template.

You are probably better off with a good app if you can find one. Hopefully someone here has experience with one or more.

I kind of like Corkulous for throwing together ideas and stuff, but it would be difficult to get a professional looking pdf export out of it.

OP
J

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No, there is not story board template.

However; I used Pages on the iMac to create a story board document with some of each page type, then I imported it to Pages on the iPad. By storing it on DropBox I can use it as a template, re-importing it each time I need it.

The downside: Not every feature imported. The headers that were at the top of every page now only show up on the first page. You can't easily add, remove, or rearrange pages like you can on the iMac. There are probably some other differences.

It also accessed the internet to download images when importing. I have no idea what or why this happened.

On the positive side. After looking over the template it does't look like it would be hard to create one on the iPad that would work better. While the iPad does not directly support templates, if you save a document to iTunes File Share, iDisk, or a webDAV server (can be done indirectly with DropBox) then each time you import it you get a new document. And that's close enough to template.

You are probably better off with a good app if you can find one. Hopefully someone here has experience with one or more.

I kind of like Corkulous for throwing together ideas and stuff, but it would be difficult to get a professional looking pdf export out of it.

Thanks mate.

Good ideas

Most reactions