What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Store documents on Ipad 2?

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app "Pages" stores my Word documents nicely. All you have to do is open them in "Pages" and they are automatically saved. No folders though...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put my word docs plus PDF docs in folders I've created on my iDisk and then download them when I need them on my IPad. "MobileMe" costs an extra hundred though...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Cath999 said:
I find it difficult to imagine that I am not able to store my word documents in folders on my Ipad 2. Is that really how it is? I have searched for suggestions to how I can transfer and keep my word documents on my Ipad. Will be glad to hear suggestions to have I can solve that problem.
Thanks

take a look at super files app

you can tell it to open the file with a certain app

Reaction score
Either iDisk or Dropbox is the way to go.

There are various apps for storing files in folders, such as Goodreader, superfiles, etc. and they do work great. The problem is, once you open a file and start editing it, there is no direct way to save the file back to the storing app, I.e. Goodreader. You would have to delete the original file in Goodreader, than from pages email the updated document to yourself, open the mail attachment and open it in Goodreader.

Dropbox can save a few steps, and it does require an Internet connection, but so does the other method. YMMV

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Either iDisk or Dropbox is the way to go.

There are various apps for storing files in folders, such as Goodreader, superfiles, etc. and they do work great. The problem is, once you open a file and start editing it, there is no direct way to save the file back to the storing app, I.e. Goodreader. You would have to delete the original file in Goodreader, than from pages email the updated document to yourself, open the mail attachment and open it in Goodreader.

Dropbox can save a few steps, and it does require an Internet connection, but so does the other method. YMMV

good point, haven't actually edited anything stored on super files

luckily I have dropbox also :)

saying that, super files does in handy for just reading docs when no wifi is available, especially that I don't have the 3G model, or if the file is really big

Last edited:
OP
C

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cath999 said:
I find it difficult to imagine that I am not able to store my word documents in folders on my Ipad 2. Is that really how it is? I have searched for suggestions to how I can transfer and keep my word documents on my Ipad. Will be glad to hear suggestions to have I can solve that problem.
Thanks

take a look at super files app

you can tell it to open the file with a certain app

I was looking at the app Super File Viewer. This app refers to enabling us to view PDF files.
Now - I have downloaded Pages, Documents-To-Go, Keynote and Goodreader.
In fact I do not have a problem any more viewing my documents. What I am now looking for is a program that allows me to open certain documents and being able to readily choose which one to read. What would be perfect would be to see the document in a program like Keynote however I do not find that is a great program to open a Word document in.
So - I am still looking for the perfect solution to this problem and I will be glad to hear any ideas to how I can solve this problem :)

Most reactions

Latest posts