What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Store documents on Ipad 2?

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it difficult to imagine that I am not able to store my word documents in folders on my Ipad 2. Is that really how it is? I have searched for suggestions to how I can transfer and keep my word documents on my Ipad. Will be glad to hear suggestions to have I can solve that problem.
Thanks

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at an app called FileBrowser... You can transfer files from your PC to folders on your iPad.

OP
C

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Store documents on Ipad 2

Take a look at an app called FileBrowser... You can transfer files from your PC to folders on your iPad.

Thank you for that advice. That's not what I was asking about however. I want to store and keep the documents on my Ipad. I don't want to have to access them via a network.
So - any ideas as to how I can store and access my documents on my Ipad?:)

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not be what you want either, but you could get the Dropbox app for storage. Unless you have a huge storage on your iPad, you might want to use a "cloud" storage like Dropbox. You could also try Google Docs (documents). Be sure to set your privacy settings as you want. Apple's Moible Me iDisk works very well, too. The Apple App Pages may work for your word processing documents, Numbers for Excel sheets, and Keynote does power point presentations. I have the iWork suite on my iMac. Hope this helps.:)

OP
C

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can try Goodreader, it let's you organize your files in folders.

Thank you, too, for that advice. When I checked Goodreader I noticed that it seems to be only for PDF files. I have mainly Word documents. It's strange to me that it is not possible to keep and store my word documents on my Ipad. Believing I could do that was the reason why I bought this Ipad

Reaction score
Cath999 said:
Thank you, too, for that advice. When I checked Goodreader I noticed that it seems to be only for PDF files. I have mainly Word documents. It's strange to me that it is not possible to keep and store my word documents on my Ipad. Believing I could do that was the reason why I bought this Ipad

Goodreader handles any file, regardless of whether it can actually open it, or not. But .doc files are supported by Goodreader, so you can also open them from within Goodreader.

OP
C

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cath999 said:

Goodreader handles any file, regardless of whether it can actually open it, or not. But .doc files are supported by Goodreader, so you can also open them from within Goodreader.

Oh, that's good news. I will buy that APP right away and hopefully find good use of it.
Thank you for that advice :)

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked out the "Pages" app and it should work for you. Just go to the "App store" and type in "Apple" in the search bar. All their iWork apps + more will show up. I use my iWork suite (Pages, Numbers,Keynote) and more. Beautiful templates, too, if you want to design brochures, do reports, etc.:)

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both GoodReader and DocsToGo. Both work well,but you can edit Word/Excel docs with the later.

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cath999 said:
Thank you for that advice. That's not what I was asking about however. I want to store and keep the documents on my Ipad. I don't want to have to access them via a network.

You can store documents on your iPad with FileBrowser.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

FWIW. iOS for iPad is considerably different than the PC or Mac OS. In the iOS scheme the app is King (or Queen if you prefer) and each app handles its own data. You cannot assume you can just take files from a PC and use a USB thumb drive, etc to move them onto the iPad. If you need that capability Apple's mobile solution is Macbook AIR, Macbook Pro or iMac for desktop.

On the other hand Pages is a full blown word processor and can read and write "Word" files. Pages, Numbers and Keynote are Apple's so-called equivalent to Office. There are differences of course. There is no other program in the world like "Excel". If you need to collaboration features of Word for heavy document editing ... then iPad is not going to help.

Many think/want iPad to totally replace your laptop...at this time ... not true...however, it is amazing for reading, lounging, puzzles, games, a light duty productivity.

OP
C

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Store documents on IPad 2

Just checked out the "Pages" app and it should work for you. Just go to the "App store" and type in "Apple" in the search bar. All their iWork apps + more will show up. I use my iWork suite (Pages, Numbers,Keynote) and more. Beautiful templates, too, if you want to design brochures, do reports, etc.:)

I have bought Pages, Keynotes as well as Goodreader. Goodreader is good so far that now I do at least have my documents stored here on my iPad. My problem now is to be able to open four to five documents at the same time and then be able to quickly and smoothly get access to them within wasting time trying to find and open a document. Was hoping it would be easy to do in Keynotes however I am not so sure that program is great for my purpose either. Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts