What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage Problem

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, a week or so ago I couldn't take a photo as I received a message saying I didn't have sufficient storage. I signed up gor more storage after disabling nearly all the apps which were being stored. Now I have tried to download another app and although I have a lot of storage paid for, I have just received the message that I have insufficient storage to download app! Can anyone help..........?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The storage you paid for isn't storage on your iPad, but iCloud storage, which is used for backups, and for syncing apps as well, if you use iCloud Drive. iCloud has nothing to do with the storage on your device itself.

When you're not able to download apps, this means that there's no place for them on the iPad. You'll have to delete apps on your device to be able to download apps again. This means: tap and hold an app until it starts to wiggle, remove the app from your device.

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, a week or so ago I couldn't take a photo as I received a message saying I didn't have sufficient storage. I signed up gor more storage after disabling nearly all the apps which were being stored. Now I have tried to download another app and although I have a lot of storage paid for, I have just received the message that I have insufficient storage to download app! Can anyone help..........?
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and explaining what my problem was i.e. I didn't really think it through....... thanks.

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The storage you paid for isn't storage on your iPad, but iCloud storage, which is used for backups, and for syncing apps as well, if you use iCloud Drive. iCloud has nothing to do with the storage on your device itself.

When you're not able to download apps, this means that there's no place for them on the iPad. You'll have to delete apps on your device to be able to download apps again. This means: tap and hold an app until it starts to wiggle, remove the app from your device.

Hi again, have removed all the apps I don't use but still receiving the message that my storage is almost full so, when I tried to take a picture today, all I get on the camera app is a blacl svreen with lines going out at an angle! Can you help again please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have many pictures on your iPad? They need a lot of storage space. If possible, save them to another app, or sync them to your computer. Then remove them from your Photos app on the iPad.

Do you have a cover or case for your iPad? If it covers the lens when you try to take a picture, you might see something like this.

What you can try, if this abnormal behaviour, is to reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up. This often helps remove bugs.

Most reactions

Latest posts