What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage mb

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, when I go setting/storage where I downloaded game storage show one game show storage show 149mb but when I click and going to delete the it show documents & data show only 12mb now can some tell me if I delete the game how many mb will free.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, when I go setting/storage where I downloaded game storage show one game show storage show 149mb but when I click and going to delete the it show documents & data show only 12mb now can some tell me if I delete the game how many mb will free.
The larger amount is what storage will be freed up when deleting the game. The documents and data storage size is included in the larger total. Here's a screenshot to illustrate it.
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The larger amount is what storage will be freed up when deleting the game. The documents and data storage size is included in the larger total. Here's a screenshot to illustrate it. View attachment 61446

No, probably not. The actual storage freed up should be the sum of the two. The Documents and Data section includes any data the app stores on the iPad. That can be data generated by the game, like score boards, game saves, and generated content. For other apps it can include actual documents and/or databases that you create or download in the app.

Hold in mind the Documents and Data may not free up as quickly as the the app itself. You may have to wait a bit, or restart the iPad, before the space shows it is available.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, probably not. The actual storage freed up should be the sum of the two. The Documents and Data section includes any data the app stores on the iPad. That can be data generated by the game, like score boards, game saves, and generated content. For other apps it can include actual documents and/or databases that you create or download in the app.

Hold in mind the Documents and Data may not free up as quickly as the the app itself. You may have to wait a bit, or restart the iPad, before the space shows it is available.
Thanks for the clarification.

Most reactions

Latest posts