What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping nasty mail

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My son is getting unwanted mail and I am trying to block it.

I have followed various instructions how to do this, but I came across problems.

I was told to open ipad/settings/facetime/blocked/add new (meaning one you want to block) but it takes me to his contacts.

I do not have option to enter the one I want to block

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you know the number you are trying to block you can simply add to the list of Contacts and then block it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Phone numbers can be blocked. I don’t know of any way to directly block emails. What you can is use the Flag icon and Move to Junk. It may take a couple of times, but eventually the Mail apps should start recognizing the originating email address, and moving it automatically.

Also, the Mail app recognizes some types of advertising emails and will offer an unsubscribe dialog at the top of the email. This may, or may not work. Only use it for legitimate sites, those that you recognise or have doen buisness with. Attempting to unsubscribing from some shady sites only lets them know your email address is legitimate.

1C6483E0-1A2E-4098-B5D1-D18E5B1D729B.png

Most reactions