What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping IOS Update notices

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
How do I stop these notices that keep coming up reminding me to install this new IOS update. Not ready to install it now. Waiting to read more about it.

Install now, remind me later, install overnight.....all that stuff comes up once in a while.
Thanks and be safe!! Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can stop it temporarily.
Go to Settings - General - iPad Storage. Look for the update file and delete it. Also, disable Automatic Updates in Settings - Software Update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ken - this is likely not new information to you, but the quote below summarizes the reason(s) to update iOS on your devices w/ security being likely the best explanation - the LINK below provides a lot more discussion. One of the few reasons NOT to update/upgrade an iOS in my mind is if the device is old and may not 'take' the newer operating system and its more recent features. As always for those adding a new iOS always make a backup (for me I do backups both OTA and to a laptop Apple computer). Dave :)

You should always update iOS when an update becomes available. iOS updates patch publicly known security vulnerabilities and often introduce new features, as well as fix any known bugs in the operating system and core applications. If you refrain from updating, you leave your device and all of the information on it open to attack. (LINK)

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can stop it temporarily.
Go to Settings - General - iPad Storage. Look for the update file and delete it. Also, disable Automatic Updates in Settings - Software Update.
Thanks.....will see how long it stays gone!

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Ken - this is likely not new information to you, but the quote below summarizes the reason(s) to update iOS on your devices w/ security being likely the best explanation - the LINK below provides a lot more discussion. One of the few reasons NOT to update/upgrade an iOS in my mind is if the device is old and may not 'take' the newer operating system and its more recent features. As always for those adding a new iOS always make a backup (for me I do backups both OTA and to a laptop Apple computer). Dave :)

Thanks for the response Dave. From what I’ve read, this change had several problems that Apple is addressing and may issue another update in the not to distant future. Figured I would wait a bit based on that.....Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Dave. From what I’ve read, this change had several problems that Apple is addressing and may issue another update in the not to distant future. Figured I would wait a bit based on that.....Ken

No problem at all - believe that may have happen just recently? Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts