What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopped downloading apps

nextime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot from the app store when
Same problem. I tried all the tricks found on internet last night, including the exact same ones posted here and even chatted with tech support. I can still download a few simpler, smaller apps but not the ones I want which are larger and have been recently upgraded. I have come to the conclusion that my iPad 4 is becoming "obsolete", sad to say, and although it will still work with the apps we already have, we can't get new versions of some apps, nor download newer versions apps much less ger. I bought my iPad in 2012, so it's almost 7 years old. Internet info suggests i should recognize that it's lived a long good life and is ready to retire. I still love it and will use it as long as I can!
Here is a screenshot from the app store when you cannot losd or update an app...that's the retry you keep pushing...

Attachments

• IMG_6391.PNG
    IMG_6391.PNG
    707.7 KB · Views: 562

Donna4567

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks nextime, and can u show me in screenshot where I had hit. Did anyone contact to Apple tech department.

Dear Nexttime,
Wow!!!! This worked for me!!! I have been fussing with this problem full time, almost 24-7 the past couple of days. I couldn't let it go, and I am so happy the puzzle has been solved. I had lost an important app and couldn't reload it until you shared this trick. Thank you! Donna

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now ur mean I keep pressing retry button by & by it.

Donna4567

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NextTime had the right answer. This is how and why it seems to work.
- When you normally do a large download on a PC, you see a progress bar. But for the app downloads on iPad, you see a spinner. It is small and it has a really thin blue border that shows load progress around the spinner. I never noticed it at all until I tried NextTime's trick.
- When you click "Retry" on the dialog box that comes up after the download stops, if you look carefully at the progress spinner, you will see the thin blue border that has inched a little bit around the circle graphic (spinner). If you hit retry and do it again every time the retry dialog box comes up, you will see that the blue border has inched further. Keep hitting retry every time you get the cannot load message and eventually the blue border will get all the way around the periphery of the progress spinner. Then you're done!
- I believe Apple could find a way to fix this. Maybe change the message to say something like "Cannot complete the download. Click Retry if you wish to load further."

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks Donna. For answers in brief and give me time tks a lot

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot from the app store when

Here is a screenshot from the app store when you cannot losd or update an app...that's the retry you keep pushing...
I’ve often had to tap the retry button a dozen or more times to finish the download.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello friends I would like to inform all friends that app downloading which was stop now started now I can download 8 balls pool which I can’t download.

Most reactions

Latest posts