1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Stop the emails

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by jduncan, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jduncan

jduncan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Don't like filling my inbox with notices from this forum when somebody posts to something I've commented on. Is there a way to shut this off?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    'Quick Links', 'Subscribed Threads', then empty/delete either selected threads or select the 'All' option.

Tim
  3. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Thats one way Tim, but every-time he re subscribes he'll get the emails again.

To actually prevent it happening go to User Cp (control panel) - Edit options - Default thread subscription mode - No Email notification.
  4. jduncan

jduncan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Is this setting in the app, or web version? I don't see it in the app settings.
  5. jduncan

jduncan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Found it on the web version. I often get con fussed when I read how to do something because I use the app not the web for this forum. Guess I assume if you have an iPad you must be using the app. Why don't they work the same way?
  6. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    i have an email for forum replies....

create one and change your email for iPad forums....
  7. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +769 / 0
    I had 'email notifications' to my Yahoo address setup from the start and wanted that option turned off, so I did the above in the 'Edit Options' category of my CP.

Well, I'm still receiving a bunch of iPad notifications in my Yahoo folder daily - is their something else to do? Thanks - :)
  8. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You may have to do what Tim suggested as well to remove your current subscriptions. Any future subscriptions won't email you now.
  9. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +769 / 0

Thanks for the suggestion! I did go to my 'subscriptions list' via the Quick Links route - some were listed as 'no mail notification' (i.e. my recent responses) and many others were still 'daily notification', obviously the ones before I edited my options; however, each subscription can be checked (far right) and then w/ a menu selection at the bottom of the list altered (e.g. deleted, no mail notification, or several other choices). :)