What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop the emails

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't like filling my inbox with notices from this forum when somebody posts to something I've commented on. Is there a way to shut this off?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Quick Links', 'Subscribed Threads', then empty/delete either selected threads or select the 'All' option.

Tim

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Thats one way Tim, but every-time he re subscribes he'll get the emails again.

To actually prevent it happening go to User Cp (control panel) - Edit options - Default thread subscription mode - No Email notification.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:

To actually prevent it happening go to User Cp (control panel) - Edit options - Default thread subscription mode - No Email notification.
Is this setting in the app, or web version? I don't see it in the app settings.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Is this setting in the app, or web version? I don't see it in the app settings.

Found it on the web version. I often get con fussed when I read how to do something because I use the app not the web for this forum. Guess I assume if you have an iPad you must be using the app. Why don't they work the same way?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an email for forum replies....

create one and change your email for iPad forums....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I had 'email notifications' to my Yahoo address setup from the start and wanted that option turned off, so I did the above in the 'Edit Options' category of my CP.

Well, I'm still receiving a bunch of iPad notifications in my Yahoo folder daily - is their something else to do? Thanks - :)

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You may have to do what Tim suggested as well to remove your current subscriptions. Any future subscriptions won't email you now.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You may have to do what Tim suggested as well to remove your current subscriptions. Any future subscriptions won't email you now.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did go to my 'subscriptions list' via the Quick Links route - some were listed as 'no mail notification' (i.e. my recent responses) and many others were still 'daily notification', obviously the ones before I edited my options; however, each subscription can be checked (far right) and then w/ a menu selection at the bottom of the list altered (e.g. deleted, no mail notification, or several other choices). :)

Most reactions