What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop iTunes Streaming?

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to a Website and it gave me the option to stream audio in iTunes. When I wanted to stop the stream, I opened iTunes, but I could not find any controls to stop the stream. Any idea on how to stop it short of a reboot?

Thanks.

OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you just tap on the movie while it is playing it should show some controls.

Thanks, but as I said in my original post, it's an audio stream.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since your audio stream is (presumably) being played through the Safari browser, it will still play because of multi-tasking which allows it to run in the background. You need to double-tap the Home button which will bring up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom of the screen.

If you have several apps open, you may need to swipe across the screen until you come across the Safari app. Now press on the app until it starts to wiggle and you will see the red minus sign on the app. Tap the minus sign and that will close the app once and for all.

ipad80.jpg

When you are done, tap the Home Button one time or anywhere on the main screen above the bar to stop the wiggling and close the multi-tasking bar.

Clear as mud, eh?

Last edited:

Most reactions