What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen IPAD1....info on recovering data please

boyzNhoodies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new to the site...i recently had my IPAD1 stolen, and i turned on icloud a couple days prior, but did not register the ipad locater. i was wondering how to access the data? went to icloud.com and it just pulled up an email type login, no info on the data from the ipad. push notifications were on, and i heard i can track last ip address is that true? thanks to all the reponses and the help yall been providing. thanks!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude.... Point blank. Your screwed.

If you never setup FindMyiPad then you yourself cannot find it. Your best bet is to call Apple or go into the store and tell them. Usually they will let you know if anyone tries to restore and activate your iPad.

OP
B

boyzNhoodies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im not really tripping of finding it...but more so the data a backed up on the icloud....if this helps 'they' recently used my google voice to place calls so i have the #'s they called....any thing helps. thanks yall!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They are using it with your setup? That's pretty dumb of them.

You could try giving your iPad a FaceTime call if you have another iOS device or Mac. Be ready for a screen shot if they are ignorant enough to answer it with their mug in view. Hand that and the called numbers/times over to the police. They might be able to do something with it.

OP
B

boyzNhoodies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its an ipad1....anyway....yeah they just recently updated my facebook status ha....is there anyway to track ip address when the used it to call? BUT FIRST...is my data (pics,notes,itunes) gone? i backed it up with icloud...how do i retrieve? thaks once again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Change all your passwords, now:

That should keep your data safe until you can associate another iPad with those accounts. Don't forget the new passwords.

Most reactions

Latest posts