What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still looking

Bill Salmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am Bill Salmon and new to the forum site. Hopefully I will learn a lot from it

BlackGun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill Salmon said:
Hi,
I am Bill Salmon and new to the forum site. Hopefully I will learn a lot from it

Welcooooooooooooome to the Forum Bill Salmon!!!! Thank you for choosing iPadForum.com! If you need any help getting starting up, just PM me!!! (but you have to post at least 6 posts first).

Regards,

Ali.

OP
B

Bill Salmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BlackGun said:
Welcooooooooooooome to the Forum Bill Salmon!!!! Thank you for choosing iPadForum.com! If you need any help getting starting up, just PM me!!! (but you have to post at least 6 posts first).

Regards,

Ali.

Thank you Ali.
My first question is how do you post on the site? I can't identify anything to show where.

2nd - I have just upgraded from iPad 2 ( no sim model) to iPad 3 latest model with the bells and whistles. In store set up with the new 3 model started with downloading my cloud back up. Time constraints limited full download, but continued it when back at hotel. (holidaying in usa from Australia) Anyway, most of the ipad2 content was loaded. To complete it, i did a back up to date, of the iPad 2 so I could then get a full up to date transfer to my new 3 model. One of the apps, didn't come across - the most important one and the reason for updating pads. I also bought the camera kit plug adaptors thinking I could sinc up thru the cable. Haven't tried this yet tho'.
So, what's the problem likely to be? I thought iCloud synced up all my apple bits!
3rd and final for now - mail attachments are for a majority of the time, not opening. Small vids never open and also docs can be a problem. To that end, I need to store docs so I can get them easily. I cannot find where the downloads go.
I am trying to break away from the pc arena - hence my cautious entry into the apple orchard. This is my first year with this fruit.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

OP
B

Bill Salmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Site on the net said to get the app to make it easier for forum access, so I did that.
Had my welcome message - thanks for that.
App icon shows the red 1 meaning there is an update or a message??? Don't know which.
Still looking for a reason that my apps on my ipad2 have not synced onto my new ipad3.
Newbie - yes I am, but I think that I should have been able to find a solution in the last few hours :(
Oh well - I will go out in the fresh air for the rest of the day and be stimulated with that.
We all gotta live

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Ali.
My first question is how do you post on the site? I can't identify anything to show where.

2nd - I have just upgraded from iPad 2 ( no sim model) to iPad 3 latest model with the bells and whistles. In store set up with the new 3 model started with downloading my cloud back up. Time constraints limited full download, but continued it when back at hotel. (holidaying in usa from Australia) Anyway, most of the ipad2 content was loaded. To complete it, i did a back up to date, of the iPad 2 so I could then get a full up to date transfer to my new 3 model. One of the apps, didn't come across - the most important one and the reason for updating pads. I also bought the camera kit plug adaptors thinking I could sinc up thru the cable. Haven't tried this yet tho'.
So, what's the problem likely to be? I thought iCloud synced up all my apple bits!
3rd and final for now - mail attachments are for a majority of the time, not opening. Small vids never open and also docs can be a problem. To that end, I need to store docs so I can get them easily. I cannot find where the downloads go.
I am trying to break away from the pc arena - hence my cautious entry into the apple orchard. This is my first year with this fruit.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Hello,
First, you should enter some key words into the search box in that little text box in the upper right corner of the website, ipadforums.net. If nothing that resolves your problem appears, click the forum index button, then select the section your query falls under (iPad help or iCloud in your case). Then, click the purple "post new thread" button. Enter a title and type a post, click send, and you will be helped shortly.
I wish you luck with your new iPad. Congratulations on switching over!
Regards,
Goofy

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bill and welcome to the Forum!

I have merged your posts on your issues into the 1 thread so that you may get more help with your problems. I will also move this to our Help Forum so that more members may see it to help you. You had posted in New Members introduction and this is only for intros and not many members will look here to help.

A red number on the App icon is a subscription notification. Whenever you post in a thread you are automatically subscribed to it and when another post is posted you will then get a notification on your Subscribed tab. If you see a thread you would like to follow, just press the box with an arrow tab, top right, and you can Subscribe to it.

Here is a great link on posting and starting new threads
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
B

Bill Salmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.
It was easy to download the lost app from the app store a second time. Success with that.
Manuals access was easy to so I will read them as I go along.
Back here in the near future, no doubt about that.
Cheers

Most reactions