What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

still cant sync or save any of my email addresses in windows live mail

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im getting frustarted now! Ive tried just about every suggestion to save my contacts to ipad from wlm but nothing works!
I even downloaded this "dropbox" thing but there is no option in that to copy the files to either!
Is the easiest ( but longest) just to manually type in each email addy to ipad contacts program?
hard to believe it is SO difficult to copy these just because I use BT email - they are one of the biggest internet companies!

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive just had an idea! what im going to do is get everyone on my contact list to email me then open the emails in ipad & (hopefully) there will be an option to "save contact details"?
Should that work?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Missmouse3 said:
Ive just had an idea! what im going to do is get everyone on my contact list to email me then open the emails in ipad & (hopefully) there will be an option to "save contact details"?
Should that work?

That should work, it doesn't sound ideal does it but if that is what it takes.....

When you open the emails you need to touch their name in the from box and you will get the option to create new contact or add to existing contact.

The Archangel

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can sync to windows live mail via an exchange account, this will give you your contacts.

The iPhone natively supports Microsoft Exchange sync with Windows Live accounts so that you can move your contacts from your Windows Live account to your iPhone address book directly through your 3G or Wi-Fi Internet connection.

[h=4]Step 1[/h]Tap the "Settings" icon on your iPhone home screen.

[h=4]Step 2[/h]Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."

[h=4]Step 3[/h]Tap "Add Account."

[h=4]Step 4[/h]Select "Microsoft Exchange."

[h=4]Step 5[/h]Enter your Windows Live email address, username and password, and then tap "Next."

[h=4]Step 6[/h]Enter "m.hotmail.com" in the "Server" field and then tap "Next."

[h=4]Step 7[/h]Swipe the "Contacts" slider to "On" and then tap "Save." Your Windows Live contacts will be synced to your iPhone. You can also choose to sync your Windows Live email and calendars to your iPhone by swiping the appropriate sliders to "On."

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm talking about my ipad not iPhone! I don't have an iphone

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I know you are talking about your iPad the method works on all idevices.

Frankly if you are ignoring methods because they mention iPhone instead of iPad it's no wonder you haven't manage to sort your contacts.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but this simply does not work! I get directed to hotmail- my email address is *********@btinternet.com

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
btinternet.com email is provided by Yahoo not Windows Live Mail, thats why none of the current methods you've tried work. More information helps people give yo relevant answers.

I'm not familiar with setting Yahoo contacts up but now we've established that, I'm sure somebody will know.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I do have to go to btYahoo.com if I want to check my email online but on the desktop, I go to windows live mail!
yahoo mail is different again!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Ok we are starting to understand your setup. Your talking about Windows live mail the desktop program not windows live mail the email provider.

Your email provider is btinternet.com who uses Yahoo mail. The windows live mail program is setup to access your BTinternet.com acccount.

We need to establish where your contacts are stored. If they are only in the window live mail program locally or are stored in your btinternet.com account online . Can you log onto your btinternet.com email account (not via your wlm program) and then look at the contacts section to confirm whether they are stored online or not.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, yes, that is my situation! I don't seem to have my contacts in the Internet email site unfortunately tho, only in the email program. he only way this program seems to allow me to export them is in a .csv or business card format, I am unable even to highlight & save them!
hanks for your time.

Most reactions

Latest posts