What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we all hope for Steve Jobs' recovery, but to be honest it seems likely this may be his last leave of absence.

I was thinking about what marching orders he might give Apple in his absence. What direction to go. In fact he has always been going the same direction, as evidenced by this technology vision video from 1987:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5144094928842683632[/ame]

The Knowledge Navigator looks a bit clunky by today's standards, and while it got a few things wrong (the MacOS Menubar) it got a lot right:

Touch Interface
Multimedia
Video Conferencing
Calendar with reminders
Email and voicemail
Global warming ;)

The biggest part of the vision still needed is voice interaction. Still the iPad is an impressive legacy that Apple has been working towards for decades.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wrecklass said:
I know we all hope for Steve Jobs' recovery, but to be honest it seems likely this may be his last leave of absence.

I was thinking about what marching orders he might give Apple in his absence. What direction to go. In fact he has always been going the same direction, as evidenced by this technology vision video from 1987:

Video Link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5144094928842683632

The Knowledge Navigator looks a bit clunky by today's standards, and while it got a few things wrong (the MacOS Menubar) it got a lot right:

Touch Interface
Multimedia
Video Conferencing
Calendar with reminders
Email and voicemail
Global warming ;)

The biggest part of the vision still needed is voice interaction. Still the iPad is an impressive legacy that Apple has been working towards for decades.

Personally, after doing research on Jobs, his management style, and personality, I'd sell every bit of Apple stock I had the instant I heard he has left Apple for good. While their recent work is amazing, the environment he has created will not last once Jobs is gone.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah...once he is gone for good, maybe Apple won't be as bad control freaks about their products.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This must be a sign. Before I saw this post I typed a pm reply to a member I do not know that was offended that I asked question about something that may change with Jobs out. Anyone that knows Apples history knows Jobs has been out before for health reasons and he has been out before for other reasons. Apple has not only done better with Jobs at the helm, they almost went away when he was away for non Heath reasons. His genius is hard to duplicate

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FunN4Lo said:
This must be a sign. Before I saw this post I typed a pm reply to a member I do not know that was offended that I asked question about something that may change with Jobs out. Anyone that knows Apples history knows Jobs has been out before for health reasons and he has been out before for other reasons. Apple has not only done better with Jobs at the helm, they almost went away when he was away for non Heath reasons. His genius is hard to duplicate

From a market standpoint - yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts