Steve Wozniak Says that Tablets are for “the Normal Peopleâ€

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 5, 2011.

By Maura on Apr 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Whenever Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak gives a speech you can bet he’ll come up with something quotable, and MacWorld reports that was very much the case when Wozniak spoke at Storage Networking World to an audience of enterprise storage engineers in Santa Clara, California on Monday. When Wozniak was asked how tablets would change the computer industry, he replied by comparing tablets to TVs, saying:

MacWorld notes that Wozniak has not worked full time at Apple since the 1980s, and he is now the chief scientist at Fusion-io, a solid-state storage company. Even so, that doesn’t stop Wozniak still revealing his true Apple-loving colours at every turn, as you can tell by this other quote from his Monday speech:

Source: Wozniak: Tablet is the PC for 'normal people' | Tablets | iOS Central | Macworld
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Mountainbikermark
      Since there will only be 1 ios tablet, the Ipad, and 200 or more Android based tablets yes the chances of Android sales being greater are pretty good . Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just a reality

Support Our Troops!!
      This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad
    2. tzimisce
      Yes and no. Look at the iPod, for example: almost ten years since it first appeared, it's still the dominant portal MP3 player through all its various generations and incarnations. Looking at the near-impregnable first mover advantage that iPad has, I'm just waiting to see if there'll even be 20 serious contenders, let alone 200...
    3. Hasty
      Hurrah. It's a shame my wife doesn't know Woz.
      I've told her for years I'm normal......

Expect it will take more than this to convince her even though we have three iPads.
    4. geep
      I believe that with flood of cheap IMO sub par performance Android tablets a lot of people will get a bad first taste of tablets in general especially Android versions..I laugh at the flood of competitors coming in June or later, the only thing holding back the iPad now is supply, imagine if they were on the shelves?
    5. Hasty
      Latest reports suggest they have sold 2.5 million already.
    6. hookbill
      And your point is?

roflol, I'm hardly normal and I love the iPad. Normal is boring.
    7. jordexj
      The ipad has the insurance of a functional IOS and itunes behind it. The problem with Android is that whenever you need to either upgrade the software or import music, you have to search all over the tethered computer for it, just to have some sort of stupid error... Bottom line is that the Ipad is more functional than any Android Tablet out there...
    8. nezing
      I read that Blackberry have delayed their "new" tablet,due to the huge amount of sales the ipad 2 has made.Even Motorola with their much-hyped Xoom tablet,have lowered the sales price.Everything has to do with brand name,and Apple's dominance in this region will last a very long time.Not attacking Android,but with several "versions",including Honeycomb,due out officially this summer?,Apples "integrated" approach across the "Pod/Pad" range is more affective,in my opinion.

9. nezing
      Just to add from my above comment,RIM'S Blackberry Tablet,uses their new QNX operating system,and not Android.