What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Writes to Mother of Girl Whose iPad Helps Her to Read

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Steve_Jobs_Letter.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MacRumors has one of those nice heart-warming stories today about a nine-year-old girl called Holly, whose mum, Fiona, wrote to Apple CEO Steve Jobs to tell him about how Holly’s iPad helps to make it much easier for her to read. Holly has albinism, which, aside from affecting the colour of her skin and hair, also affects her vision. Previously she had to use a large magnifying glass if she wanted to read anything, but now that she has an iPad she can easily enlarge the text, meaning that she is now much more enthusiastic about reading, and is able to read for twice as long as she used to. After Holly’s mum emailed Steve Jobs to tell him about how much Holly loves her iPad and how much it helps her, he sent the following reply:[/FONT]

“Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Do you mind if I read your email to a group of our top 100 leaders at Apple?â€
[FONT=&quot]Source: Steve Jobs Inspired by 9-Year-Old's iPad Story - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

Reaction score
I've always said Steve isn't the arrogant genital organ he is portrayed to be.
If one ever read his personal story and some of the college keynote addresses he has done one would see a different person altogether

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my iTablet

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jobs has a huge ego, but he has a huge heart too and spends a ton of money on the community.

-t

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've always said Steve isn't the arrogant genital organ he is portrayed to be.
If one ever read his personal story and some of the college keynote addresses he has done one would see a different person altogether

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my iTablet

I agree with Mark on this. Everything I have seen and read indicates he is not the egomaniac so many people portray him to be. There is a difference between being the head of a tremendously successful company and an egomaniac in many cases. Confidence necessary to reach the positions and leadership entailed can easily be misconstrued.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care what sort of person he is, its down to him that we have possibly the greatest devices of our generation (or at least in the last 10 years) nothing beats the ipod/iPhone or iPad, I'm not getting into a fanboy war here but the samsung galaxy devices was the closest thing to a 'killer' but their about as close as that astroid that nearly hit us!

I've read numerous stories about steve jobs, but in my eyes he's a pioneer in the gadget/IT world, everything made now is shaped around apple products, yes I've read articles about how demanding he is and ruthless (iphone left in bar) but I'm sure any boss would have done the same if someone left a prototype of a new device that is going to make millions in a bar.

Most reactions

Latest posts