What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs' Biography On Sale Today

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2aetk3q.png

The new Steve Jobs biography by award winning author Walter Isaacson is on sale now.
Available on iBooks (of course):

iTunes - Books - Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

As well as Kindle, Audiobook and Hard Cover

Mr. Isaacson began working on the only biography authorized by Steve in 2009 and last interviewed him three weeks before he passed away.

NOTE: Apparently some early iBooks copies of the biography didn't work properly for a few folks.
If you had trouble with yours Apple recommends deleting the iBook from your iDevice and downloading it again...no charge.

Last edited:

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up my copy around 10:15 central time that book is not gonna last long on shelves when i arrived it was atleast 100 people buyin the book :) ill prob buy a digital copy also

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also purchased the audiobook from Amazon and they promised to deliver it today but I just received an email saying that it was delayed and is only just shipping now. I already started on my iBooks copy and so far it's great! Looks like it'll be a good read. :)

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to buy it on Kindle for ipad because the ibooks app will not let me make new purchases after the upgrade, only see my previous purchases. It was delivered at 9PM Paciific time Sunday night and I haven't been able to put it down. Beautifully written, complete with easy links to footnotes at the beginning of each chapter, good pics, and doesn't overwhelm the reader with excessive detail. Jobs made a good decision on picking (and cajoling) this biographer to write the book. A splendid tribute to Jobs both in format and ideas. How fortunate we can read this book so quickly on our amazing iPads. Thanks , Steve, and all the Apple team, the writer and publishing staff. That this book is No. 1 on Amazon is testimony to the amazing watershed in history we are living through right now thanks in part to Jobs, idevices, Kindles, and ebooks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Halfway through it myself. The author does a great job (so far) of writing about Steve Jobs.

I am really enjoying the read...

Marilyn

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a great read. I think Jobs was a stone-cold narcissist. And genius creator of the greatest devices ever made :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be sorry, Good karma, IMNSHO. I just finished it and it's an excellent book.

Overall, after reading the book, I don't think I would have liked Steve Jobs, the person. But - I sure love what he was able to do ... and did!

Marilyn

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't be sorry, Good karma, IMNSHO. I just finished it and it's an excellent book.

Overall, after reading the book, I don't think I would have liked Steve Jobs, the person. But - I sure love what he was able to do ... and did!

Marilyn
Done already?!! Sheesh...I guess I'll have to take one of those speed reading courses! :D

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the demo online version, and with all ebook and digital newspapers, i get tired, i prefer hard copy which i can read for hours. Thankfully i dont suffer from reading too much ipf forum

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions

Latest posts