1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by JohnnyApple, Jan 25, 2010.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    [​IMG]

As some of you are aware Apple released their 4th quarter results today after the trading day closed. Apple set record profit of $3.38B on record revenue. We'll get into the numbers a bit more deeply but in our opinion the most telling aspect of the conference call was this quote by Steve Jobs.

He isn't known to mince words about future Apple products unless he has something to back it up. The fact that he said "major new product" tells me it's not a rehash or upgrade or new network carrier, but a product that is significantly different from anything they offer to call it a "major new product".

Overall, Apple is firing on all cylinders without question. The only category of product that was down are iPod sales (down 8% year over year) but computer sales are up 33% and iPhone sales are up over 100%.

You can stream the call here: http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jan/earnings/earnings_10/earnings_ref.mov

Let us know what you think in the comments!
  2. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
  3. iDoug

iDoug Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    That's very interesting because I love my Mac products and I'm on Verizon...cant wait for Wednesday!

Thanks again for sharing :)
  4. new2u

new2u iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what i can tell, most likely the reason for this is because apple's contract with AT&T will be up soon, and they should be showing off their new phone line, and from what i can tell, they will be showing off one that will end up going to verizon.