What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staying logged into Amazon

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 5 and been trying to figure out what’s going on when I login to Amazon using Safari. Used to be when I logged into Amazon it always remembered my password but recently it now makes me login each time. Do you think it’s Amazon or Safari that quit remembering my password I have it checked to stay logged in?
Safari never asks to save my password on Amazon like it frequently does on other websites. Help me understand what’s happening.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure Safari is not in Private Browsing mode.

When in private mode Safari will not save any cookies between sessions. This prevents persistent logins.

The tool bar will be grey instead of white. You can switch back and forth by tapping the double square icon at the top left, and toggling Private.

B3151B85-CE71-457E-B26E-29A983B766F3.png

The other possibility is that you’ve told Safari to block all cookies in Settings > Safari.

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replying twerppoet! It’s neither of your suggestions but something else and I believe I figured it out.

If I go to Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Safari no longer remembers the password on my iPad. You now need to touch the Password space to bring up the keyboard and in the upper left hand corner of keyboard is ‘Password & an Icon’.Touch on Password and it brings up your emails to select which one you are using for that website. Then after selecting it fills in both your email & password. You apparently have to do this every time you visit these websites. Don’t know if this is a new security thing but definitely not as convenient as before.

I don’t know when this changed maybe with IOS 11 although seems more recent. This doesn’t happen when using say Firefox on a pc to login to those websites so this is strictly an IOS 11 or Safari thing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying twerppoet! It’s neither of your suggestions but something else and I believe I figured it out.

If I go to Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Safari no longer remembers the password on my iPad. You now need to touch the Password space to bring up the keyboard and in the upper left hand corner of keyboard is ‘Password & an Icon’.Touch on Password and it brings up your emails to select which one you are using for that website. Then after selecting it fills in both your email & password. You apparently have to do this every time you visit these websites. Don’t know if this is a new security thing but definitely not as convenient as before.

I don’t know when this changed maybe with IOS 11 although seems more recent. This doesn’t happen when using say Firefox on a pc to login to those websites so this is strictly an IOS 11 or Safari thing.
If you want to stay logged in, make sure this is checked:
2FCE7C0C-0DD1-4DDF-A18C-805ED20E7A14.jpeg

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep always have that checked but something is overriding it makes no difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts