Stay Far Away from Easy Connect!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gentlefury, Oct 5, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    So I bought desktop connect back in April when I was trying to find the best VNC viewer for iPad (it's RealVNC btw!) and there was a recent update, it says stream audio! I was like...whoa, now I can listen to some podcasts or vlogs I frequent while at work! Cool right? WRONG!

In order to use the sound feature you have to install a program called Easy Connect.

Sounds easy enough.....well on mac it constantly switches your audio to the internal speakers....basically making it impossible to use external speakers....killed that quick.

So I installed it to a virtual machine of windows 7 I have running all the time.....well it seems to lock it up completely after using it! Really sad, because it seemed like a good idea....plus on the windows application it says enjoy audio streaming free until november at which point they plan on charging a subscription fee!!!! A subscription to stream audio off of your own computer??? Using your own bandwidth?? Really?

Avoid this crappy software at all costs!

2. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    A little update. My Windows VM is completely corrupt thanks to this broken software....it locks up every hour or so. I have to delete it and reinstall the OS...

3. RainbowOfBeans

RainbowOfBeans iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Find a fix??

Has either of you found a fix for this? i just want to permanently disable this easy connect features im sick of defaulting my audio back to my computer every time i restart or lock it, i use AppZaper.....and theres nothing there to remove cant find any files or options in SYStem PREFs to remove or correct either........any help would be great, im googling it more now, i will report if i find a GOOD working solutions, thanks for any help!!