What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stay Far Away from Easy Connect!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I bought desktop connect back in April when I was trying to find the best VNC viewer for iPad (it's RealVNC btw!) and there was a recent update, it says stream audio! I was like...whoa, now I can listen to some podcasts or vlogs I frequent while at work! Cool right? WRONG!

In order to use the sound feature you have to install a program called Easy Connect.

Sounds easy enough.....well on mac it constantly switches your audio to the internal speakers....basically making it impossible to use external speakers....killed that quick.

So I installed it to a virtual machine of windows 7 I have running all the time.....well it seems to lock it up completely after using it! Really sad, because it seemed like a good idea....plus on the windows application it says enjoy audio streaming free until november at which point they plan on charging a subscription fee!!!! A subscription to stream audio off of your own computer??? Using your own bandwidth?? Really?

Avoid this crappy software at all costs!

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little update. My Windows VM is completely corrupt thanks to this broken software....it locks up every hour or so. I have to delete it and reinstall the OS...

RainbowOfBeans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find a fix??

So I bought desktop connect back in April when I was trying to find the best VNC viewer for iPad (it's RealVNC btw!) and there was a recent update, it says stream audio! I was like...whoa, now I can listen to some podcasts or vlogs I frequent while at work! Cool right? WRONG!
In order to use the sound feature you have to install a program called Easy Connect.
Sounds easy enough.....well on mac it constantly switches your audio to the internal speakers....basically making it impossible to use external speakers....killed that quick.
So I installed it to a virtual machine of windows 7 I have running all the time.....well it seems to lock it up completely after using it! Really sad, because it seemed like a good idea....plus on the windows application it says enjoy audio streaming free until november at which point they plan on charging a subscription fee!!!! A subscription to stream audio off of your own computer??? Using your own bandwidth?? Really?
Avoid this crappy software at all costs!

Has either of you found a fix for this? i just want to permanently disable this easy connect features im sick of defaulting my audio back to my computer every time i restart or lock it, i use AppZaper.....and theres nothing there to remove cant find any files or options in SYStem PREFs to remove or correct either........any help would be great, im googling it more now, i will report if i find a GOOD working solutions, thanks for any help!!

Most reactions

Latest posts