What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

StatusModifier and IP and network name

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my old iPad running iOS6.1, the status bar would also display current IP as well as current wifi network name. I can't find this option in StatusModifier tweak on iOS7 (other than date, time, and RAM). Is it not supported? Is there any way to add network name and IP to status bar in 7?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cloaky allows you to add date/time/RAM/IP and all the good stuff, but it does run you a buck and a half, but it also allows you to hide some features as well, so it's a plus. The developer did say that he was planning on including the IP string, but that was back in January and I don't see the option in StatusModifier as of now as well, nor is it in the Change Logs so I'm guess he never got around to it. You could message the developer about it possibly.

EDIT: yBox also does the same thing, but it runs you twice that of Cloaky. However, it's limited to only 2 strings AFAIK, so if you want Date, Time, RAM and IP all at once, you'd have to compromise with the top 2 that you prioritize i.e. Time and IP only, or Time and Date only. Cloaky's only limit is the availability of space on your statusBar (more stuff going on in your statusbar, less room you have), but if you're on an iPad, then you have all the room in the world.

Last edited:

Sithi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can accept a compromise that Wi-Fi network name and your iPad IP address will not show up at the same time on the status bar, try WiCarrier. On a jailbroken iPad 3 (non-cellular) with iOS 7.04, when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, it will replace the word iPad (left-most of status bar) with the name of the Wi-Fi network (SSID). If you touch on the SSID, it will change to the iPad IP address. Touch on the IP address, it will switch to the SSID, and so on.

Note:
- The mentioned switching can be activated only when you are on a home screen; not when you are on the screen of an app.
- If Zeppelin is enabled, the chosen Zeppelin icon will replace the SSID or IP address provided by WiCarrier.
- WiCarrier can happily function alongside StatusModifier and WinterBoard theme (icon representing Wi-Fi signal strength.

Last edited:

Most reactions