What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

starwalk vs luminos

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll have to try that when it gets dark so I have a reference to go by. I thought I had done that at some point in the process.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update: I took the iPad outside tonight and everything lined up perfectly.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mark,

Have you subscribed to the satellite link yet? Space-track.org. Pretty cool!

Luminos is really a nice app. Glad I saw your post and decided to explore it!

Now I just gotta get John to link a pic of Andromeda to the deep space catalog. :D

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Speed! Yeah I got my spacetrack account set up, I am addicted to turning on the 'Dangerous Asteroids' that NASA tracks! Just thought of something I havent tried yet with them so gonna do that today, gonna select one of those then accelerate time, I wanna see how close it comes to earth with current trajectory, one of these days I'm gonna do that and discover one thats gonna come REAL close then I can sit back and wait :)

Note - Hey post in that Luminos forums about the andromeda picture you want, I need to think of a really cool one I'd like to see too.

Last edited:
OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good idea.

I like that thread you started about discussing apps and posting up those images. Nice idea. Hope it takes off.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Luminous has a very comprehensive update that I snagged today. I really like this app.

Illuin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luminos is great, better than Star Walk. However, for casual star gazers Star Walk is very intuitive and simple to use, and I would recommend Star Walk for those who like looking at the stars but don't care about the details. I have all of the astronomy apps, and all of the astronomy apps shine in certain areas. I almost wish they would combine the best features of each into one app. Red Shift and Sky Safari are amazing apps, and a little gem called Solar Walk is a wonderful app as well. Luminos is right there at the top, and is without question it is the best astronomy app for the price at $2.99, which is a steal!

Most reactions

Latest posts