What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star walk will not work

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not get my star walk app to work. When I click on the app it just goes back to the menu. Can someone help solve this probllem

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rcarraher said:
I can not get my star walk app to work. When I click on the app it just goes back to the menu. Can someone help solve this probllem

Sounds like you need to shutdown background apps. Double tap home key, icons appear at bottom of screen. Press one until it begins to wobble and a red mins sign appears on all icons in the task bar. Press the minus signs on all icons so they disappear. This closes, not deletes apps. Once all are closed try skywalk agin.

allika

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is a iPad 1

First of all, you need to update your version of OS you run now. On 5.1 it works!
If it didn't work, then I would advise you to wait for the next release within next week.

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I here that the updates of the IOS on the ipad1 render the iPad nearly inoperative.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I here that the updates of the IOS on the ipad1 render the iPad nearly inoperative.

The latest iOS upgrade (5.1) got my iPads 1 and 2 working great again, as if new. The previous upgrades (5 and 5.0.1) led to frequent RAM crashes.

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the 5.1 iOS the latest update from iTunes, when was it released?

OP
R

rcarraher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is updating to iOS 5.1 the only option, I fear this will cause my iPad too slow down and sites to crash.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rcarraher said:
Is updating to iOS 5.1 the only option, I fear this will cause my iPad too slow down and sites to crash.

If you want to use this app you will need to upgrade and it has been reported by many members that this update makes the ipad1 more stable with fewer crashes.

Most reactions

Latest posts