What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stand??

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I went to the mall tonight and tried my IPAD in the store with a few new stands with my rubber case on the outside or small nicks and w.e ...out of about 10 I saw, i like the Griffin Stand...which 1 do you have and your thoughts. I know i might sound a little gay here, but I broke the one in brookstone...hahha that little wodden one. (PS Its garbage) ...

thanks,

all

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
Which Griffin, the A Stand? The A Stand is pretty cool, but I like the Compass by Twelve South better because it's sturdy, has 2 angles, can hold an iPad inside of a case, but most of all, it's portable (it can fold up like a pair of scissors). I also like the Elago stand, but it's not portable and it only supports 1 angle.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll third the TwelveSouth Compass. Splendid design and ergonomics - if you plan to get one, you can also shop around for vendors who're offering discounts or coupon codes. I got mine 20% off plus free shipping.

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really REALLY like the ENCORE STAND....can someone please tell me where I can buy it....every site i checked said there out of stock? :(

btw...does any1 have that stand?

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you could use your pad in the case with the first one you listed. I think the other would be fine. Personally, I have the compass design stand and I love it. I can put the pad in either landscape or portrait and at any number of angles.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other factor with the Compass is its portability - you can fold it up and take it with you in a bag without taking up too much volume (with the added bonus of befuddling TSA officers at airports.)

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a little pricey. I also like being able to put my iPad in the stand with a case on. I don't think you could do that very well with the upstand.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just simply have the Targus Truss case which doubles as a stand. Only caveat is that it only operates as a stand in landscape and not portrait. However, I have found when I am using the stand, it ends up being easier in landscape mode anyway.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll third the TwelveSouth Compass. Splendid design and ergonomics - if you plan to get one, you can also shop around for vendors who're offering discounts or coupon codes. I got mine 20% off plus free shipping.

I have been using the TwelveSouth Compass stand for just over a month. I have to say it is as solid as a rock and as portable as a set of chop sticks.

iCrush

Most reactions

Latest posts