What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

StackPad Wallpaper Designer

Erwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Maybe it's a little bit of shameless advertising, but I want to tell you a bit about my newly released iPad App StackPad. I think everyone looking for a nice personal wallpaper will like it.

Idea of the App is to let you create your own personal wallpaper using your own pictures. Add as many pictures as you want and arrange them using multitouch gestures such as pinching to change the scale of you image. After your done, choose a matching background and save the result to your iPad.

Interested? Check the demo movie:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8zcS8tPDg[/ame]

Download it from the App Store:
StackPad - Wallpaper Designer voor iPad in de iTunes App Store

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erwin said:
Hey all,

Maybe it's a little bit of shameless advertising, but I want to tell you a bit about my newly released iPad App StackPad. I think everyone looking for a nice personal wallpaper will like it.

Idea of the App is to let you create your own personal wallpaper using your own pictures. Add as many pictures as you want and arrange them using multitouch gestures such as pinching to change the scale of you image. After your done, choose a matching background and save the result to your iPad.

Here is a screenshot to see a possible result:

Interested? Check the demo movie:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8zcS8tPDg

Download it from the App Store:
StackPad - Wallpaper Designer voor iPad in de iTunes App Store

Yep, that's shameless.......fair play to you.

The Archangel

OP
E

Erwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now free for a limited time!

Now free for a limited time!

To celebrate the release of the iPad 2 in 23 more countries, StackPad is temporarily free from Friday March 25th till Monday March 28th. StackPad is an easy to use wallpaper designer App for iPad. Users can design their own personal wallpapers using their own pictures and multitouch gestures.

Users can add as many of their own pictures as they like to the workspace. Arranging the pictures is done by multitouch gestures such as pinching to scale and rotate. After choosing a matching background for the workspace, users can save the result to their device. The result is a photo-collage like wallpaper with their own pictures. Because of the use of their own pictures, it's a unique personal wallpaper. Every other wallpaper App for iPad has a collection of iPad screen size specific wallpapers. They are not as personal as the one you created yourself.

StackPad being temporarily free is a great opportunity for those who bought a new iPad 2. One of the first things a new owner will do is customize his/her device. Because the free App offer this is a great way to start your App collection. This offer is also interesting for existing iPad owners who haven't already downloaded StackPad. Practically every iPad user is interested in a nice wallpaper for their device. These users can make their own now, without any costs.

StackPad has users who like the App all over the world. The last 7 days, three people left a review in the App Store. Two persons gave a five star rating and one person gave a four star rating. The reviews where done in the United Kingdom's, American and Dutch App Store.

Download StackPad here!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did the coupon expire at 1201 Mar 28, because I just tried to buy it and it still said 199

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is only compatible with iOS 4.3...

Are you going to make a version for those of us still on 4.2.1 or lower? Cause it sure looks interesting - but I'm not on 4.3 (and maybe not for a while...).

Marilyn

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Erwin, i have a question, how do i delete a wall paper i have made using stackpad. I go to settings and wall paper&brightness, then saved photos. When i hold the picture for few seconds it doesnt wriggle, so cannot remove it. What am i doing wrong?

Also looking foreward to updates especially backgrounds :):comingsoon:

OP
E

Erwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for your interest! Because of some articles on big website's like AppAdvice.com, StackPad was download over 20.000 times in the free period!

Currently I'm working on a few bugs or issues I've heard from users. StackPad will also be available for earlier versions of iOS after next update. I am also working on some new functions, as requested by some users. I hope to finish these functions soon. They will be available via a free update.

To keep up to date about the progress, check StackPad Blog or follow @StackPadApp on Twitter.

Good karma said:
Hi Erwin, i have a question, how do i delete a wall paper i have made using stackpad. I go to settings and wall paper&brightness, then saved photos. When i hold the picture for few seconds it doesnt wriggle, so cannot remove it. What am i doing wrong?

Wallpapers created with StackPad are saved in the 'Saved Photos' section of your iPad. Instead of going to the settings, just go to the Photo's App. There you will find the exact same 'Saved Photos' section. Once you selected a photo, you can delete it in the upper right corner.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dang....I went ahead and bought app....tried to install but kept failing. WTH....then I went back to the app page in itunes and read the fine print.."requirements 4.3"...ughhh. Guess thats my fault for getting ahead of myself.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. But, the developer has said on this forum (and in an e-mail I sent after I paid ... whinging) that he was going to make a version that would play well with iOSs lower than 4.3.

So, I guess we just leave the app sitting in/on iTunes and wait for the update.

It really does look cool...

Marilyn

OP
E

Erwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About a month after the initial release, StackPad Wallpaper Designer for iPad is up for it's first big update together with a temporarily price drop of 50%. The update contains a lot of user suggested new functions and small fixes and tweaks. The update is free for the already 20.000+ worldwide users. New users can get started for $0,99 USD for a limited time only, instead of the normal price of $1,99 USD.

With StackPad, users can create photo-collage like wallpapers with the perfect resolution for their iPad. Users can add as many of their own pictures as they like to the workspace. Arranging the pictures is done by multi-touch gestures such as pinching to scale and rotate. After choosing a matching background for the workspace, users can save the result to their device.

The update gives the users even more possibilities to design their own custom wallpaper for their iPad, although the initial version was already loved by the users. In one month time, 52 users left a review in the App store with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5. The new functions in the update are all user suggested new functions.

New functions:
* Change the width of the picture's border
* Change the color of the picture's border
* Choose a custom background from your library
* Big performance update when using high-res images
* New standard backgrounds included
* Now also working with iOS 4.2 and later
* Small fixes and tweaks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24ZLb7LVf4"]YouTube - Demo movie[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24ZLb7LVf4"]YouTube - Demo movie[/ame]
Links
* Download from the App Store
* Demo movies
* Screenshots

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, Erwin.

This is an awesome app - especially for those of us who change wallpapers almost as often as they change ... ummm ... shoes! :D

I'd also like to give you a public thank you for making this app accessible to those of us on iOS versions lower than 4.3. I know it must have been a lot of work - and I, for one, appreciate it.

Now, off to design that "just right" wallpaper!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts