What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky stylus

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a stylus for my Ipad2 that doesn't squeak. I have a zagg shield on the screen. I have heard of a stylus from stylus r us that uses threads instead of rubber but the threads flatten out and have to be teased with Velcro. Not what I had in mind. Please help!

Fee Fi Fo Fum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg shield isn´t the most friendly protection for stylus. As far as i searched when bought my iPad, didn´t find any information that indicates this kind screen protection when using a stylus.
I use my iPad to take notes all the time, and zagg shield wasn't indicate exactly because the surface.

OP
L

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poletto34 said:
Zagg shield isn´t the most friendly protection for stylus. As far as i searched when bought my iPad, didn´t find any information that indicates this kind screen protection when using a stylus.
I use my iPad to take notes all the time, and zagg shield wasn't indicate exactly because the surface.

Thanks! I will keep looking.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector on my iPad so consider this a shot in the dark. But you might want to consider the iFaraday line of styluses. (The website is just what you'd expect.) The manufacturer uses conductive cloth on the tip rather than a rubber tip and I've found it to "glide" across the screen better than any other stylus I've tried. (And I've tried a bunch.) You might drop a line to Rustle (the manufacturer) and see if he has a recommendation. (Just keep in mind the holiday season and the fact that he has a very small shop and a lot of demand at the present time.)

There are several models available on the website and the return policy is excellent. So if you're willing to invest $10-$30 to try one, I think you may find it solves your problem.

OP
L

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I don't use a screen protector on my iPad so consider this a shot in the dark. But you might want to consider the iFaraday line of styluses. (The website is just what you'd expect.) The manufacturer uses conductive cloth on the tip rather than a rubber tip and I've found it to "glide" across the screen better than any other stylus I've tried. (And I've tried a bunch.) You might drop a line to Rustle (the manufacturer) and see if he has a recommendation. (Just keep in mind the holiday season and the fact that he has a very small shop and a lot of demand at the present time.)

There are several models available on the website and the return policy is excellent. So if you're willing to invest $10-$30 to try one, I think you may find it solves your problem.

Thank you so much! I'll look into it.

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a cheap ebay one that comes wth like 10 for 5$. I dont have a screen protector on my ipad but i have a zagg on my photon and no noise from that.

OP
L

longstreetlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poletto34 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I am going to try the I faraday stylus and see how that works.

Most reactions

Latest posts