What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprint CEO is Very Grateful to the iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEWMRFfFwxk[/ame]​

GigaOM reports today that Sprint CEO Dan Hesse has revealed to them that Sprint is doing very well indeed off the back of high sales of Wi-Fi-only iPads in the U.S., with Wi-Fi iPad purchasers then turning to Sprint’s Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless to connect to the Internet when on the move. Clearly many people are finding out that this is an excellent way to connect your device to the internet without paying extra for a 3G iPad. Over in the UK, we have an equivalent device sold by 3 Mobile (which has been voted number 1 U.K. mobile broadband network by YouGov), called a MiFi which works like a charm. Got one myself and it’s fantastic, small enough to fit in your pocket and creates a Wi-Fi hotspot in seconds for up-to five devices. I’m guessing that all carriers will start to provide similar devices soon, once they realize how popular Sprint’s Overdrive and 3’s MiFi are proving to be.

Source: GigaOM

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure he made those comments before Verizon started selling iPad/MiFi bundles!
"Can you hear me now???"

And Virgin Mobile has a "pay as you go" mobile hot spot --
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html

It must be pretty good since they are sold out! The plans aren't that good, but for something like short term or vacation use, they for have a 10 day/$10 100mb plan. And unlike AT&T, they do have an unlimited plan for $40!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts